Factors That Affect Car Insurance Rates in El Paso, TX
Other factors that can impact car insurance rates in El Paso include:
- Historial de manejo
- Límites de la cobertura
Auto Insurance in El Paso, TX
From the top of Scenic Drive to the pecan orchards lining the roads of Highway 28, El Paso residents can feel protected as they take in the city’s beautiful scenery with the AARP®
Auto Insurance Program from The Hartford.1
The AARP Auto Insurance Program from The Hartford has been protecting drivers in El Paso, Texas and their families with seguro para autos
If you’re looking for auto insurance in El Paso, TX, you’re probably considering different auto insurers. At The Hartford, we’ve earned a reputation for integrity and trust, as well as high customer ratings for claims services. We’ll help you customize your auto insurance policy so you can feel confident that we’ll be there when you need us most.
Benefits of AARP Car Insurance for El Paso Drivers
El Paso drivers can receive valuable benefits with car insurance coverage from the AARP Auto Insurance Program from The Hartford, including:
- New Car Replacement: If you total your new car, we can help pay to replace it. We’ll make sure you can replace your car with a new vehicle of the same make, model and equipment with no deduction for depreciation.§§
- Exención por accidente: We understand every driver makes mistakes. Si los conductores incluidos en su póliza de seguro para autos tienen un buen historial de tránsito durante ocho años consecutivos con The Hartford, será elegible para la exención por accidentes.‡
- Disappearing Deductible: If you maintain a clean driving record, your collision deductible could be reduced over time in most states.‡
- 24/7 Claim Service: If you’ve been in an accident, you want to be sure you can reach your insurance company. You can call The Hartford at 800-243-5860 and a representative will be available to respond to your claim at any time.
Discounts on Car Insurance in El Paso, TX
El Paso AARP members save on their auto insurance rates, but that’s not the only discount The Hartford offers. You may also be eligible for car insurance descuentos
for things like:
- Completing an approved defensive driving course.
- Bundling your home and auto coverage with the AARP Auto and Home Insurance Program from The Hartford. Doing this can help you save up to 5% on your auto insurance and up to a 20% on your home, condo or renters insurance.**
- Paying your premium in full.
- Enrolling in The Hartford’s TrueLane Program. You can save up to 12% just by participating and up to 25% when you renew based on how well you drive.‡‡
- Owning a vehicle that has safety features, such as antilock brakes or more than one airbag.
What Are the Requirements for Auto Insurance in El Paso, TX?
Insurance requirements vary depending on which state you live in. The Texas state minimum includes liability coverage at these levels:4
Other Types of El Paso Auto Insurance Coverage
While these coverages are not required for car insurance in El Paso, you may want to consider adding them to the minimum coverage that’s required so you’ll have full coverage:
- Comprehensive Car Insurance: Also known as “other than collision” coverage, this can help pay for damage caused to your car by hail, theft, fire or hitting an animal.
- Cobertura contra colisión: This coverage will help pay for damage from a collision with another vehicle or an accident that involves only your car. It will also help cover someone crashing into your parked car or an accident in a car you’ve rented.
- Emergency Roadside Assistance: When you have this coverage, we’ll help you get your car towed if you break down. We can also bring you gas if you run out or pay for a new battery if yours dies on the road.
- Increased Rental Car Reimbursement Coverage: If you’re in an accident and your car is no longer drivable, this coverage will help pay for a rental car.
- Cobertura de gastos médicos: If you’re in an accident, this coverage can help pay medical expenses for you and your passengers. It can help pay for things like doctor’s visits, ambulance fees and dental procedures.
- Underinsured/Uninsured Motorist Coverage: This helps pay for expenses if you’re in an accident with someone who doesn’t have any, or enough, car insurance.
Common El Paso Car Insurance Questions
How Much Is Car Insurance in Texas Monthly?
The average cost of auto insurance in Texas is $152 per month for full coverage.3
Average car insurance rates in El Paso are in line with the state average, but car insurance companies may vary your rates based on factors like your driving history and the type of car you drive.
Is It Illegal to Not Have Car Insurance in Texas?
In Texas, you must prove that you can pay for someone else’s medical bills and property damage if you were to cause a car accident. Most El Paso drivers do this by purchasing liability insurance. Texas is not a no-fault insurance state, so the person responsible for a car accident or found at fault must pay for damages. However, if you’re in an accident that isn’t your fault and the other person doesn’t have insurance, you could end up having to pay for your own expenses out-of-pocket if you don’t have car insurance.
Do I Need Proof of Auto Insurance In El Paso, TX?
It’s a good idea to keep a copy of your car insurance ID card in your car along with your registration. If you’re in an accident, you’ll be required to show it to a police officer. Con The Hartford mobile app
, you can store your car insurance ID cards right on your phone. For more information, visit Google Play
™ or the App Store
Get Free Car Insurance Quotes for El Paso, TX From The Hartford
We’ll help you customize your car insurance coverage. With the AARP Auto Insurance Program from The Hartford, you can get car insurance quotes for El Paso, TX tailored to your needs. To learn more about auto insurance in El Paso, get a cotización de seguro para autos
today. You can also call us at 888-413-8970
and a customer service representative would be happy to help you find the best insurance and discounts for you.
Learn More About Texas Car Insurance
Even if you don’t live in El Paso, you can still get a quote for Texas car insurance
. Learn more about how the AARP Auto Insurance Program from The Hartford can protect drivers in Texas with:
Last Updated: October 11, 2023
2 Bankrate, “Best cheap car insurance in El Paso for 2022”
3 Bankrate, “Average Cost of Car Insurance in Texas in 2023”
4 Texas Department of Insurance, “Automobile Insurance Guide”