Auto Insurance in San Antonio, TX
From the Alamo to the River Walk, there’s so much to experience in San Antonio, Texas. As you travel through this great city, have the peace of mind you need behind the wheel with the AARP®
Auto Insurance Program from The Hartford.1
We’ve been protecting drivers in San Antonio and their families with seguro para autos
You can feel confident that our insurance products and services will be there when you need them most. We’ve earned a reputation for integrity and trust, as well as high customer ratings for claims services. If you’re looking for a car insurance quote or just need information about buying auto insurance in San Antonio, you’ve come to the right place. And if you’re an AARP member, you can save up to 10% on auto insurance in San Antonio just by being a member.
Minimum Car Insurance Requirements in San Antonio
In Texas, you must prove that you can pay for someone else’s medical bills and property damage if you cause a car accident. Most drivers in San Antonio do this by purchasing liability insurance. Texas requires that you have 30/60/25 in minimum coverages. This means that for car insurance in San Antonio TX, insurance requirements include at least:2
What Is the Average Cost of Car Insurance in San Antonio, TX?
Car insurance rates in San Antonio cost $1,857 annually or $155 monthly for full coverage.3
Your rate may vary based on many factors, like your driving history and the type of car you drive.
Other Types of San Antonio Auto Insurance Coverage
In addition to liability insurance, it is recommended that you carry comprehensive and collision coverage. While these are not mandated in San Antonio, TX, your lender may require you to have them if you lease or finance your car. In addition, you can choose to further protect yourself with other optional coverages from The Hartford, including:
- Seguro integral para autos: Also known as “other than collision” coverage, this can help pay for damage caused to your car by hail, theft, fire or hitting an animal.
- Cobertura por colisión: This coverage will help you pay for damage from things like a collision with another vehicle or an accident that involves only your car. It will also help cover someone crashing into your parked car or an accident in a car you’ve rented.
- Emergency Roadside Assistance: If you break down and your car needs to be towed, this coverage can help. We can also bring you gas if your tank is empty or send someone out to help with a repair, like a battery replacement.
- Increased Rental Car Reimbursement coverage: If you’re in an accident and your car is no longer drivable, this coverage will help pay for a rental car.
- Medical Payments coverage: If you’re in an accident, this coverage can help pay medical expenses for you and your passengers. It can help pay for things like doctor’s visits, ambulance fees and dental procedures.
- Underinsured/Uninsured Motorist coverage: These coverages can help pay for expenses if you’re in an accident with someone who has no, or not enough, car insurance.
- Uninsured Motorist Property Damage (UMPD) coverage: This coverage can help cover costs to repair your vehicle or damages to your home or other property. The state of Texas requires drivers who have this coverage to carry a $250 deductible. If you have UMPD coverage and you’re involved in an accident or hit and run with an uninsured driver, you may choose either collision or UMPD coverage, if applicable, to help pay for damages. In some cases, having the option to choose between the two coverages will equate to a lower deductible owed if your collision deductible is greater than $250.
Benefits of AARP Car Insurance for San Antonio Drivers
- New Car Replacement: If you total your new car, your policy will help pay to replace it. We’ll make sure your car is replaced with a new vehicle of the same make, model and equipment. There will be no deduction for depreciation.§§
- Exención por accidente: We understand every driver makes mistakes. Si los conductores incluidos en su póliza de seguro para autos tienen un buen historial de tránsito durante ocho años consecutivos con The Hartford, será elegible para la exención por accidentes.‡
- Disappearing Deductible: Your collision deductible could be reduced over time, in most states, as long as you maintain a clean driving record.‡
- 24/7 Claim Service: Accidents can happen at any time. That’s why we’re here whenever you need us. Call us at 800-243-5860 and we’ll help with your claim.
Discounts on AARP Car Insurance in San Antonio, TX
You can save money on car insurance costs in San Antonio just for being an AARP member, but that's not the only way. You may also be eligible for car insurance descuentos
for things like:
- Completing an approved defensive driving course.
- Bundling your home and auto coverage with the AARP Auto and Home Insurance Program from The Hartford. This could help you save up to 5% on your auto insurance and up to a 20% on your home, condo or renters insurance.**
- Paying your premium in full.
Common San Antonio Car Insurance Questions
How Much Is Car Insurance in San Antonio Compared To Other Texas Cities?
Auto insurance in San Antonio is only slightly higher than the state average. The average cost of car insurance in San Antonio, TX is $1,857 a year for full coverage.3
Do I Need Proof of Auto Insurance in San Antonio, TX?
Keep a copy of your car insurance ID card in your vehicle with your registration. If you’re in an accident, you’ll be required to show it to a police officer. Con The Hartford mobile app
, you can store your car insurance ID cards right on your phone. For more information, visit Google Play
™ or the App Store
Get Free Car Insurance Quotes for San Antonio, TX From The Hartford
We make it easy for drivers to get free car insurance quotes in San Antonio. Simply start a quote online
by entering your zip code or call us at 888-413-8970
to learn more about car insurance in San Antonio.
Learn More About Texas Car Insurance
No matter where you live, we’ve got you covered with Texas car insurance
. Learn more about how the AARP Auto Insurance Program from The Hartford can protect drivers in Texas with:
Última actualización: 5 de enero de 2023
2 Texas Department of Insurance, “Automobile Insurance Guide”
3 Bankrate, “Average Cost of Car Insurance in Texas in 2021”