Obtenga una cotización en línea
The Hartford’s online car insurance quoting process is so simple that you’ll have your quote in eight minutes or less. Just enter your zip code, answer a few questions and we’ll help you choose the best insurance coverages for your needs. Plus, you can even save money on your policy with a discount, just for getting your quote online. Get your free quote andbuy car insurance online
any time of the day.
Call The Hartford for a Car Insurance Quote
If you’d rather get a quote over the phone, you can reach The Hartford at 888-546-9099
. Our insurance professionals would be happy to guide you through the quoting process to help you learn what coverages you need and what discounts and benefits you qualify for.
Get a Car Insurance Quote Through an Agent
Another way to get an auto insurance quote is through a car insurance agent
. If you’re shopping for car insurance from multiple insurance companies, auto insurance agents and brokers can help you save time. However, they may charge fees for their services.
What Do You Need To Get a Car Insurance Quote?
Before you get your car insurance quote, be sure to gather information and documents for each driver and vehicle, like:
- Driver’s license number and zip code
- Registro del vehículo
- Documentation from your current auto insurance company including the types of coverage you have now
- Vehicle identification number
- Car mileage
- Vehicle lease or loan information if you don’t own your car
What Factors Help Determine My Car Insurance Quote?
AARP members have access to exclusive benefits and savings, like up to 10% off** their car insurance with The Hartford. However, keep in mind that your AARP membership is just one thing that impacts your auto insurance quote. Other factors that help determine your car insurance rates include:
Your driving record: A safe driving history can help reduce the cost of your auto insurance coverage. So, if you have any moving violations or accidents, you may pay more for your auto insurance.
How much you drive
: The more time you spend on the road, the more likely it is that you could have an accident. This means if you have longer work commutes, you’ll likely pay more for your auto insurance. If you no longer drive and aren’t licensed, you can still get car insurance with no license
: Insurance companies like to see continuous cobertura del seguro para automóviles
, because it shows that you’re a responsible driver. So, if you’ve had long or frequent lapses in your auto coverage, you’ll likely pay more for your car insurance.
The vehicle you drive: Typically, safer and cheaper vehicles cost less to insure, while expensive vehicles and cars that don’t perform well in safety tests cost more.
Where you live: Having more drivers in your area can increase the likelihood of an auto accident and raise the cost of your insurance.
Ways To Save Money on AARP Car Insurance Quotes From The Hartford
You can save money on your car insurance and lower your premium by:
Quoting online: Get a discount in most states when you get a car insurance quote from us online.
Sign up for the TrueLane
^ program and save money – an immediate discount up to 12% just for participating and up to a 25% discount when you renew based on your driving habits.
Paying in full: You’ll typically have the option to pay monthly and customers who pay their premium in full may receive discounts.
Taking a defensive driving course: Save on your auto insurance if you complete a defensive driving course. All you need to do is find and complete an approved program and send your certificate to us.
Being environmentally friendly: Driving a hybrid or electric vehicle may get you a discount.
Completing driver training: A discount may be available on your teen’s auto insurance if they pass an approved driver training class.
Obtenga una cita
online and see how much you can save. You can also call customer service to speak with one of The Hartford’s specialists at 888-546-9099
What Is Included in Car Insurance Quotes?
The amount of car insurance you need by law varies by state. Find out what’s required in your state and get a car insurance quote that offers insurance options for your vehicle, like:
- Cobertura contra colisión for help covering the cost of repairs to your car if you get into an accident. Let’s say you damage your car’s bumper while backing up, this collision insurance coverage can help pay for the repairs.
- Comprehensive Coverage, also known as “other than collision coverage,” helps cover the cost to repair or replace your car if it’s damaged by weather or fire, or if it’s vandalized or stolen.
- Cobertura de cristales completos to help pay replacement costs for a broken windshield or other safety glass on your car. There is no deductible for this coverage.
- Gastos médicos del seguro de auto for help paying your family’s medical bills after a car accident. If you have a high deductible healthcare plan, you may want to ensure the limit you select can cover your whole deductible. This coverage also helps pay medical bills if you’re hit by a car when you’re a pedestrian.
- Responsabilidad por daños a la propiedad, which can help cover the cost of damages you cause to another person’s property with your vehicle. This can include fences and mailboxes.
- Cobertura de grúa to help pay the cost of towing and labor if your car breaks down while you’re driving or gets stuck in the snow. It doesn’t, however, cover the cost of repairs.
- Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist Bodily Injury for help paying medical bills if an uninsured or underinsured motorist injures you or your passengers.
- Daños a la propiedad por conductor no asegurado can help in paying for damages if an uninsured motorist wrecks your property. For example, let’s say you have an older car and only carry liability coverage. If an uninsured motorist hits it, this property damage insurance can help cover the damages.
- Personal Injury Protection (PIP), also known as no-fault insurance, helps pay for an injury that results from a car accident, even if you’re responsible. PIP coverage is not available in all states.
- Rental Car Expense Insurance for help covering the cost of a rental vehicle if you can’t use your car due to a covered loss.
Personalize Your Car Insurance Quote From The Hartford
During the quote process, our representatives can help you over the phone with personalized service. They’ll assist you in determining what you need based on the different benefits we offer. For instance, the AARP Auto Insurance Program from The Hartford offers:
Exención por accidente
As long as all the drivers on your car insurance policy have a clean driving record for five straight years with The Hartford, you’ll qualify for accident forgiveness.
Disappearing Deductible for Auto Insurance:‡ With this optional coverage, your collision deductible on your car insurance policy will decrease over time as long as you maintain a clean driving record.
New Car Replacement:§§ If you total your new car, we’ll pay to replace it with a new one of the same make, model and equipment with no deduction for depreciation.
Lifetime Car Repair: If you have a damaged car, it can be difficult to find a trusted repair service. With our lifetime car repair benefit, you can rely on us to do that for you if your car is damaged in a covered accident.