Car Insurance in Sacramento
From the Crocker Art Museum to Sutter’s Fort, there’s so much to experience in Sacramento. As you travel around California’s capital, you’ll have the peace of mind you need every time you get behind the wheel with the AARP® Auto Insurance Program from The Hartford.1 The Hartford has been protecting drivers in Sacramento, CA and their families with seguro para autos since 1984.
The Hartford has earned a reputation for integrity and trust, as well as high customer ratings for claims services. If you’re looking for information about buying car insurance in Sacramento, you’ve come to the right place for affordable car insurance. And you can save up to 10% on car insurance in Sacramento, CA just for being an AARP member.
Coverage Requirements for Auto Insurance in Sacramento, CA
There are many coverage options to choose from, but each state has its own minimum requirements for what you must buy. California requires that you carry insurance coverage at these minimum amounts:
- Responsabilidad por lesiones corporales: $15,000, per person per accident
- Responsabilidad por daño a la propiedad: $5,000 per accident
While this is the least amount of coverage you can buy, everyone's auto insurance needs are different. The Hartford is an insurance company that offers affordable cobertura de seguro para autos that can be tailored to meet your individual needs. We’ll help you find the best auto insurance in Sacramento, CA for your motor vehicle.
Is Car Insurance Expensive in Sacramento?
Auto insurance costs are different based on what state you live in, but not all cities in California have the same car insurance rates. The average cost of full coverage car insurance in Sacramento is $2,236 per year. This is higher than the United States national average of $1,674 per year.2
Average Cost of Car Insurance in Sacramento
Beyond where you live, there are many other factors that insurance companies use to calculate auto insurance quotes in Sacramento, including:
- Age: Usually drivers between 60 and 70 years old pay less for auto insurance.2
- Car: Your make, model and year will affect your rate.
- Driving history: The average cost for full coverage for a California driver with a clean driving record is $2,065 per year. Avoid reckless driving, as even a speeding ticket can increase your insurance quote.
AARP Member Discounts for Auto Insurance in Sacramento
When looking for a car insurance company, don’t just look for cheap car insurance. Make sure you’re getting the custom coverage you need as well as a great rate. Experienced drivers like you deserve descuentos en seguros para autos and The Hartford’s customer service representatives can make sure you know what you’re eligible for. And you’ll save just for being an AARP member. You may also be eligible for discounts when you:
- Complete an approved defensive driving course.
- Bundle your home and auto coverage with the AARP Auto and Home Insurance Program from The Hartford. This could help you save up to 5% on your auto insurance and up to a 20% on your home, condo or renters insurance.**
- Pay your premium in full instead of making monthly payments.
Learn More About Car Insurance in California
No matter where you live, we’ve got you covered with car insurance in California. Learn more about how the AARP Auto Insurance Program from The Hartford can protect drivers in California with:
- Car insurance in Bakersfield
- Car insurance in Chula Vista
- Car insurance in Fresno
- Car insurance in Riverside
- Car insurance in San Diego
- Car insurance in Santa Ana
Last Updated: October 13, 2023
2 Bankrate, “Average Cost of Car Insurance in California for 2022.”