Car Insurance in Bakersfield
With a population that’s currently growing, Bakersfield is the ninth-largest city in California.2 To stay safe while you’re out on the roads, you’ll want the right car insurance coverages. With the AARP® Auto Insurance Program from The Hartford,1 you can customize your seguro para autos and qualify for discounts.
What Is the Basic Car Insurance Coverage in Bakersfield, CA?
Every state has different coverage requirements for drivers. Here are the state minimums for auto insurance coverage in Bakersfield, CA:
- Responsabilidad por lesiones corporales: $15,000, per person per accident
- Responsabilidad por daño a la propiedad: $5,000 per accident
Although these are the minimum requirements, everyone’s cobertura de seguro para autos needs are different. With the AARP Auto Insurance Program from The Hartford, you can get affordable coverage tailored to your needs. We can make sure you’re covered if you’re in a car accident.
How Much Is Car Insurance in Bakersfield?
What are the insurance rates in Bakersfield? The average annual full coverage premium is $1,984. This is less than the statewide average of $2,065 per year.3 Wondering how to get the cheapest car insurance in Bakersfield? Everyone’s rate is different, but some factors that impact how much you’ll pay for car insurance include your:
- Historial de tránsito
- Type of vehicle
- Límites de la cobertura
- Montos deducibles
In Bakersfield, married drivers often pay less than single drivers. The age group that generally has the cheapest car insurance rates in Bakersfield are drivers in their 60s.4
AARP Member Discounts for Auto Insurance in Bakersfield
Drivers in Bakersfield who are AARP members can qualify for descuentos en seguros para autos and benefits including:
- New Car Replacement:§§ If you total your new car, your policy will help pay to replace it with a new vehicle of the same make, model and equipment, without deduction for depreciation.
- 24/7 Claim Service: You can reach our representatives at 800-243-5860 any time of the day to report a claim.
- RecoverCare:§ With this benefit, we’ll give you up to $2,500 to pay for transportation, cooking, cleaning and other help you need after you’re injured from a car collision.
AARP members can also receive up to 10% off their car insurance premiums.
Learn More About Car Insurance in California
To learn more about car insurance in California, click the links below:
- Car insurance in Chula Vista
- Car insurance in Fresno
- Car insurance in Riverside
- Car insurance in Sacramento
- Car insurance in San Diego
- Car insurance in Santa Ana
Last Updated: October 16, 2023
2 Bakersfield City, “Bakersfield Continues to Grow, Remains Ninth-Largest City in California.”
3 Bankrate, “Average Cost of Car Insurance in California for 2022.”
4 The Zebra, “How Much Does Car Insurance Cost in Bakersfield?”
5 Texas A&M Transportation Institute, “2021 Urban Mobility Report.”