Choose The Hartford for All Your Maryland Business Insurance Needs
The state of Maryland has over 600,000 small businesses, making up 99.5% of the state’s total companies.1
As more small businesses get started, the Maryland economy will continue to grow. In fact, it grew 2.5% in 2020, even faster than the United States growth rate of 2.1%.2
It’s important that small businesses get the right insurance protection. We can help get you seguro de negocio
that keeps you protected.
Types of Small Business Insurance in Maryland
General Liability Insurance in Maryland
General liability insurance is one of the most critical policies a business owner can purchase. It protects your company from claims of:
- Lesiones corporales
- Daños a la propiedad
- Reputational harm
- Advertising or personal injury
Without this coverage, your business assets could be at risk if you’re sued by a customer. Business liability insurance in MD can help protect your business from common situations, like if your:
- Employee is accused of violating a customer’s right to privacy and you’re liable in a $200,000 lawsuit.
- Customer claims your business caused damage to their property.
- Client gets injured while in your store and has to go to the ER, suing you to cover his medical bills.
Professional Liability Insurance in Maryland
- Inaccurate advice
This coverage may be especially helpful for:
Some scenarios that errors and omissions insurance in Maryland can help protect you from include:
- Making a clerical error as an accountant that costs your clients thousands of dollars.
- Losing a client’s wedding footage while working as a videographer.
- Accidentally installing the wrong fixtures in your client’s home as an interior designer.
Maryland Home-Based Business Insurance
It’s becoming more and more popular for new small businesses to be home-based. This helps reduce start-up costs. However, it’s still important to have the right insurance coverage. At home businesses can often benefit from our home-based business insurance
solutions. This can help protect you from claims of employee or client injuries or customer property damage.
- Employees who work out of your house
- Customers who meet you at your home
- Inventory stored at your home
- Sensitive client information at your house
This policy combines three essential coverages into one convenient policy, including:
Maryland Commercial Flood Insurance
It’s important to have commercial flood insurance
before a disaster hits. We offer commercial flood insurance through the National Flood Insurance Program. Keep in mind that the government requires a 30-day waiting period for new policies.
Commercial flood insurance can help protect your business from damage caused by a flood to your:
You should consider a flood insurance policy if:
- Your business is in an area with regular flash flood or hurricane warnings.
- The area your business is in has heavy rainfall seasons that could cause flooding.
- You run your business in an area that has heavy snow which can result in rapid snowmelt that causes flooding.
Business Auto Insurance in Maryland
Commercial auto insurance can help cover the costs of auto accidents if you or your employee is at a fault. In the event of an accident, it can help pay for damaged property and medical expenses. This policy can also help cover you and your employees, regardless of if you’re driving your personal vehicle or business vehicles on-the-job. To learn more about how to protect your company’s motor vehicles, obtener una cotización
Maryland Minimum Business Insurance Requirements
In Maryland, you’ll need a workers’ compensation policy
for your employees. This coverage helps protect your employees if they receive an injury or illness from their work.3
Workers’ comp policies from us can help pay for your injured or ill employees’:
- Gastos médicos
- Cost of prescriptions
- Lost wages
Workers’ compensation insurance can also help protect business owners in the event that their employee or family sues them for a work-related injury or illness. To learn more about workers’ comp insurance, obtener una cotización
How Much Is Insurance for a Small Business in Maryland
The cost of your small business insurance in Maryland will depend on the type of company you run. Some factors that impact how much you’ll pay include your:
- Property owned
- Number of employees
- Claims history
Get MD Business Insurance Wherever You Are
No matter where you live in Maryland, we’ve got you covered. For instance, you can get:
- Business insurance in Annapolis MD
- Business insurance in Baltimore MD
- Business insurance in Easton MD
Additional Maryland Business Insurance Links
Get a quote
on small business insurance for your company today. We’re an insurance company that you can count on to protect the business you’ve worked so hard to build.
1,2 Small Business Administration (SBA), “2020 Small Business Profile: Maryland”