Get Protected With Small Business Insurance in San Francisco, CA
Since the Gold Rush of 1849, San Francisco has stayed at the forefront of business opportunities, innovation and transformation.1
With its breathtaking views, world-class cuisine and a multi-cultural population, San Francisco is loved by both tourists and residents alike.2
And when it comes to small businesses, San Francisco is home to over 90,000 of them, making up over 93% of total businesses in the city.3
Whether you have a small business or are planning on starting one, it’s essential to get seguro de negocio
. Our specialists have helped small business owners in San Francisco and California get the protection they need. We can work with you to help you find insurance coverage that meets your company’s unique needs.
What Type of Business Insurance Is Required in San Francisco?
While it can vary by state, California requires San Francisco businesses to have certain types of business insurance to help protect you and your employees. Small business owners may be required to have specific insurance coverages that can include the following:
- California workers’ compensation insurance: Gives your employees benefits to help them recover from a work-related injury or illness. In the state of California, businesses with at least one part- or full-time employee are required to workers’ comp insurance to help protect their employees.
- Commercial auto insurance: If your San Francisco business uses vehicles in its operations, you are required by California state law to have commercial auto insurance. This coverage can help protect your business in the event of a vehicle accident involving you or your employees.
- Professional liability insurance: Helps cover claims that you made a mistake in the professional services given. If you get sued, this type of liability coverage can help pay for your court costs, settlements, judgments and attorney fees.
Types of Insurance San Francisco Businesses Need
San Francisco businesses may need different types of business insurance to protect their companies. Many businesses start with a Business Owner’s Policy (BOP)
, which combines three essential types of coverage.
Some optional coverages you may want to consider include:
- General liability insurance: Helps cover claims that your business caused bodily injury or property damage to others.
- Commercial property insurance: Also known as business property insurance, this helps protect your owned or rented building, plus the tools and equipment you use to operate.
- Data breach insurance: Can protect your small business from risks associated with a data breach if confidential information gets lost or stolen. Some insurers may call this coverage cyber liability insurance.
- Business income insurance: Can help replace lost income if you can’t operate your business because of covered property damage. This coverage can help pay ongoing expenses, like bills, rent and payroll.
How Much Is Small Business Insurance in San Francisco, CA?
Our customers paid an average of $1,026 a year, or about $85 a month, for business insurance coverage in California. For workers' compensation insurance, customers in California paid an average $1,600 annually, or about $133 a month.4
You’ll likely find that California businesses pay different costs for insurance. That’s because insurance companies use different factors when determining costs. Esto puede incluir:
- Business location
- Type of industry
- Claims history
- Number of employees
The best way to find out how much business insurance will cost your San Francisco business is to get a cita
What Professions Need Business Liability Insurance in San Francisco?
We know that each industry faces unique risks, which is why having business insurance can be very helpful for many types of businesses. Even if a type of insurance isn’t required by your state, it can still be a good idea to get coverage. Some industries we help protect include:
Get a Quote for Business Insurance in San Francisco, CA
We make it easy for you to get a small business insurance cita
in San Francisco. With a few clicks, you can get a quote today
. Or you can reach out to your local insurance agency
Business Insurance in Other California Cities
We offer business insurance coverage to businesses in San Francisco and other California cities, including:
Last Updated: November 14, 2023
1,2 City and County of San Francisco, “Starting a business in San Francisco”
3 City and County of San Francisco, “San Francisco Launches Small Business Week”
4 Premium amounts presented are based on monthly premium paid by The Hartford's Small Business customers between 1/1/22 and 9/14/23 for 12-month policies. Premium is derived from a number of factors specific to your business and may vary.
Divulgaciones adicionales a continuación.