Stay Protected With Small Business Insurance in Los Angeles
Los Angeles county is home to more than 290,000 businesses that employ nearly 4 million people.1
Successful small businesses protect their employees, assets and property with business insurance coverage that helps keep their doors open. When looking for business insurance in Los Angeles, it’s important to know what is required and what are the best types of coverage for your business.
Do I Need Business Insurance in Los Angeles?
While businesses in Los Angeles are not required to have general liability insurance, it’s still a good idea to have at least $1 million in liability coverage to protect your business from expensive lawsuits.
If your California business has employees, you are required to carry el seguro de compensación para trabajadores
through California’s state insurance fund or through a private insurance company. This type of coverage gives your employees benefits to help them recover from work-related injuries or illnesses.
What Insurance is Needed for Small Businesses in Los Angeles?
There are many types of small business insurance that can help protect the company you’ve worked hard to build.
- Seguro general contra terceros helps protect your business from claims that it caused bodily injury or property damage. This coverage is also known as commercial general liability and business liability insurance.
- Seguro de propiedades comerciales helps protect the owned or rented buildings and equipment used for your business operations. If your business’ commercial properties get damaged, this insurance can help cover the repair and replacement costs.
- Seguro de compensación para trabajadores helps compensate employees for expenses associated with work-related personal injuries or illnesses like medical bills, rehabilitation and lost wages. Most state laws require small businesses to carry this insurance.
- Seguro comercial para automóviles helps cover the cost of an auto accident if you or your employee is at fault. If you or your employees drive a vehicle for business reasons, having the right insurance with a reputable commercial auto insurer is important.
- Seguro de responsabilidad profesional can help pay for your defense costs if you’re found negligent in the professional services you provide to a client, even if you didn’t make a mistake.
- Seguro para la pérdida de datos helps cover liability expenses from technology-related risks such as a data breach or cyberattack. If you collect, store, send or receive customer information, it’s important to protect against cyber risks.
Many small businesses in Los Angeles choose to get a Business Owner’s Policy (BOP)
. A BOP combines business property and business liability insurance into one business insurance policy. It’s a simple and convenient way to bundle two important coverages into one.
How Much Does Business Insurance in Los Angeles, CA Cost?
Small businesses have unique needs when it comes to professional liability coverage. That’s why business insurance in Los Angeles costs a different amount for every type of business. Our customers paid an average of $1,026 a year, or about $85 a month, for business insurance coverage in California. For workers' compensation insurance, customers in California paid an average $1,600 annually, or about $133 a month.2 Some of the factors that may be used to come up with your rate could include:
- Business location
- Type of industry
- Claims history
- Number of employees
To find the best rate for your small business, it’s a good idea to compare business insurance quotes from multiple companies. To get started, obtener una cotización
from us today.
Who Needs Small Business Insurance in Los Angeles?
Los Angeles employs the most amount of people in these industries:3
- Education and health services
- Trade, transportation and utilities
- Professional and business services
- Leisure and hospitality
We also protect many types of small businesses in Los Angeles across a wide variety of industries, such as:
Business Insurance in Other California Cities
We help protect business owners in Fresno and other California cities with our coverages, like:
Get a Quote for Business Insurance in Los Angeles
We understand there’s not a one-size-fits-all business insurance policy and know the unique risks that every industry faces. So, whether you need an insurance quote, proof of insurance or help filing a claim, our specialists are here for you.
Last Updated: November 14, 2023
1 U.S. Census Bureau Quickfacts for Los Angeles County, 2020
2 Premium amounts presented are based on monthly premium paid by The Hartford's Small Business customers between 1/1/22 and 9/14/23 for 12-month policies. Premium is derived from a number of factors specific to your business and may vary.
3 U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, Los Angeles Area Economic Summary, June 2022
Divulgaciones adicionales a continuación.