Specialty Property and Liability Coverages to Meet Construction Needs
We know every construction business is unique. That’s why we offer specialized solutions to create a customized policy that fits the needs of your construction business.
You can get these solutions as monoline coverage, or bundle multiple products into multi-line coverages to create a construction insurance policy.
Some coverages you can get include:
General Liability Choice® with our contractor’s broad form endorsement. This provides:
- Limited professional liability
- Blanket per-project and per-location general aggregate
- Limited wrap-up coverage for completed operations
- Contractual liability coverage that extends to personal and advertising injury
Workers’ compensation insurance to help your employees recover from a work-related injury or illness and return to work faster. We provide services and insights that can help you run a safer construction business to help keep your employees safe.
CPPI+, which includes both contractors’ pollution liability (CPL) and contractors’ professional and protective indemnity (CPPI) coverages.
OPPI+, is designed to help protect a construction project owner’s balance sheet by providing a layer of excess professional liability insurance coverage over the professional coverage of contracted design and construction professionals. OPPI+ also provides defense and indemnity for third party claims against a project owner for construction professional errors and omissions made on the owner’s behalf.
Owner’s and contractor’s protective liability to help protect general contractors or subcontractors from claims of bodily injury or property damage when doing work at a job site.
Railroad protective liability, which helps protect workers from claims that their work on or near a railroad caused bodily injury or property damage to someone else’s belongings.
Builder’s risk insurance to help protect buildings and structures that are under development, renovation or construction. It also helps protect the equipment you use in construction projects.
Contractor’s equipment coverage, which can help pay the replacement costs for equipment that was purchased in the last five years. This coverage applies to equipment that your construction business rents or leases to other companies.
Installation coverage to help safeguard your profits. In the event of a covered loss, we’ll reimburse your business for the pro rata percentage of profit you’ve earned on the job up until the accident. You’ll get up $10,000 in coverage to re-erect undamaged property. It also offers up to $100,000 of coverage for:
- Temporary structures
- Constructions forms
- Fences and signs
for owner-controlled and contractor-controlled construction projects. We provide insurance solutions for new, expansion or renovation projects and maintenance work projects with:
- $200 million or more in projected costs
- $40 million or more in payroll
- Public-private partnership (P3s)
- Single or multiple projects, sites, years or states
- Excess wrap limits on follow form basis for single site CCIPs
Cyber liability insurance
to help your construction business prepare for, respond to and recover from a cyberattack or ransomware.
- Directors, officers and entity liability
- Employment practices liability
- Fiduciary liability
- Kidnap/ransom and extortion
Contractors Pollution Liability
- Environmental damage, property damage & bodily injury coverage for pollution incidents caused by work performed by contractors at a third-party job site.
Construction Surety Bonds
- Construction bonds are specifically underwritten to help meet the needs of general, highway/heavy, trade and specialty contractors and used to guarantee their business obligations.