What Makes the Best Auto and Home Insurance for Seniors?
If you’re wondering how to get the best homeowners and auto insurance for seniors, we can help. The Hartford knows there are many home and car insurance companies out there, which makes it challenging to determine which provider is right for you. However, it’s important to note that companies that offer the cheapest car insurance may not be the best.
The Hartford is backed by over 211 years of experience protecting individuals and businesses. Through the AARP®
Auto and Home Insurance Program from The Hartford,1
we’ve been protecting older drivers and individuals’ homes since 1984. With our high ratings for customer service and claim satisfaction, The Hartford has earned a reputation as a trusted provider of home and car insurance for seniors
We know how important your home and property are to you and we’re here to make sure you’re covered. In addition to our home insurance coverage options, you can choose car insurance coverages that come with:
- New Car Replacement Coverage:§§ If you total your new car, we’ll pay to replace it with one of the same make, model and equipment, without subtracting anything for depreciation.
- RecoverCare Coverage:§ We protect more than just your car. If you’re ever injured in an accident, this benefit will help pay for essential home services like cooking and cleaning, along with other needs like transportation.
- Lifetime Car Repair Assurance: After a covered claim, we’ll help you find a trusted repair service. In fact, we have over 1,600 repair shops in our approved network.
Save Money by Bundling Homeowners and Auto Insurance
Seniors have many ways to save money on their auto and home insurance. One of the easiest ways to save is to bundle your car and home coverage with the same insurance company. In fact, you could save over $600** just by bundling your policies with the AARP Auto and Home Insurance Program from The Hartford.
You can also receive driver discounts related to your driving habits. For example, if you’re commuting less frequently, reporting decreased mileage on your vehicle can give you additional savings. You can also get discounts by taking a recommended defensive driving course and maintaining a clean driving record.
Is It Worth It To Bundle Home and Auto Insurance?
Bundling your auto and home policies is a quick and simple way to save money while shopping for insurance. With the AARP Auto and Home Insurance Program from The Hartford, you can save up to 5% on your car insurance and 20% on your renters, condo or home insurance.
Types of Homeowners and Auto Insurance Bundles
Depending on what type of home you live in, The Hartford has several options when it comes to bundling coverages, including:
- Home and Auto: You can save money by bundling your homeowners and car insurance policies.
- Renters and Auto: Do you live in an apartment or rent a house? Bundling renters insurance with auto insurance can get you discounts on both policies.
- Condo and Auto: If you live in a condo, you can bundle your condo insurance with your auto insurance to save.
AARP Homeowners Insurance From The Hartford
The Hartford offers many home insurance coverage options to help make sure your home is fully protected, like:
Senior Homeowners and Auto Insurance FAQ
Do Auto Insurance Costs Increase With Age?
Does car insurance get cheaper as you get older?
Yes and no. In general, studies show that older drivers over 50 years old are relatively safe behind the wheel. They typically drive fewer miles and modify their habits in poor driving conditions, which can qualify them for discounts. However, as a driver’s age increases, so does their risk of being involved in an accident. That’s why drivers 70 years and older may pay higher car insurance rates.2