Discover Great Senior Car Insurance Discounts
At The Hartford, we know that saving your hard-earned money is important. That’s why The Hartford offers car insurance discounts for seniors to help you save money. With an AARP membership, mature drivers can get great discounts and coverage through the AARP®
Auto Insurance Program from The Hartford.1
Discounts on Car Insurance for Seniors
- Paid-in-Full Discount: You’re eligible for extra auto insurance discounts if you pay your bill in full rather than making monthly payments.
- Safety Feature Discount: You can receive additional savings if your car has anti-lock brakes, more than one airbag or other safety features.
The Hartford also offers discounts related to driver education and training, like:
- Safe Driver Training Discount: You can save on car insurance rates for drivers under 21 years old (under 25 in Georgia) if they complete an approved training course.
- Defensive Driver Course Discount: By finishing an approved defensive driver course, you’ll enjoy discounts on car insurance for the next three years.
Discover More Ways Seniors Can Save on Car Insurance
With the AARP Auto Insurance Program from The Hartford, senior drivers have even more ways to save on car insurance. Read through our tips below to discover how you can lower your car insurance premiums:
- Become an AARP member: The AARP Auto Insurance Program from The Hartford offers several exclusive benefits and discounts to AARP members.
- Bundle home and car insurance: If you’re looking for the best homeowners and auto insurance for seniors, bundling is a great way to save on both of your policies. With the AARP Auto and Home Insurance Program from The Hartford, you could save over $600** just by bundling.
- Set higher deductibles: Choosing higher deductibles is another way to reduce your car insurance premium. For example, if you currently have a $500 deductible for your policy, raising it to a $1,000 deductible would reduce your rate.
- Maintain a clean driving record: We like to reward safe drivers who maintain clean driving records with lower car insurance rates.
- Improve your credit score: Companies look at your credit score before you get your insurance. Generally, the better your credit score, the less you’ll pay.
Common Questions About Senior Car Insurance Discounts
Is Car Insurance Cheaper as You Get Older?
Is car insurance cheaper as you get older?
Yes and no. In general, studies show that older drivers aged 50-69 years old are relatively safe behind the wheel. They typically drive fewer miles and modify their habits in poor driving conditions, which can qualify them for discounts.2
Why Do Seniors Pay More for Car Insurance?
In general, car insurance rates for seniors
may cost more for drivers 70 years and older because as a driver’s age increases, so does their risk of being involved in an accident.3
Save Money With Auto Insurance Discounts for Seniors
The Hartford prides ourselves on being a trusted insurance company for seniors. Since 1984, we’ve been delivering great customer service and exclusive offerings to AARP members through the AARP Auto Insurance Program from The Hartford. To learn more about the discounts and benefits available to you, get a quote today.
Last Updated: October 5, 2022
2 Insurance Information Institute (III), “What determines the price of an auto insurance policy?”
3 Insurance Information Institute (III), “Senior driving safety and insurance tips”