How Much Does General Liability Insurance Cost?
Not sure how much you should expect to pay for general liability insurance for your small business? The cost of general liability insurance varies, but on average, it’s about $805 annually or $67 a month.*
Insurance companies look at several factors when determining general liability cost. Things like the amount of risk your business faces and your claims history can influence your cost. Typically, small businesses that face more risk pay more for insurance. So, a construction company may pay more than an accounting firm.
General liability insurance
(GLI), also called commercial general liability insurance, is an essential part of your business’ protection plan. It helps protect you from claims that can come up during normal business operations, such as bodily injury or property damage claims.
Factors That Influence How Much General Liability Insurance Costs
Insurance companies use several factors when determining your liability insurance cost
Esto puede incluir:
- Risk exposure: If your business is in an industry with high levels of risk, it can increase your general liability insurance cost.
- Business location: Running your company in a more populated area can increase the risk of claims, which may impact your cost.
- Years in business: Newer small businesses don’t have as much experience, which can cause an increase in insurance rates.
- Type of business: Certain industries face higher amounts of risk than others, which can increase costs.
- Coverage limits: The policy limit amount and deductible you choose can affect your insurance cost.
- Claims history: A business with a clean claims history demonstrates safety and experience. This can help lower your small business insurance cost.
How Much Is General Liability Insurance by Industry?
While the average cost for small business general liability insurance is $1,057 a year, your industry will impact how much you pay.* Some of the industries that typically face more risk on the job include:
To learn more about how much you’ll pay for liability insurance and commercial coverages, obtener una cotización
from us today.
Common Questions About Commercial General Liability Insurance Costs
How Much Is General Liability Per Year?
General liability insurance costs vary, so businesses pay different costs per year for coverage. Typically, businesses pay a few hundred to a couple thousand dollars a year. The average cost is $1,057 annually.* The best way to find out how much general liability insurance will cost your business is to obtener una cotización
How Much Is a $1 Million General Liability Insurance Policy?
What Doesn’t Liability Insurance Cover?
General liability insurance covers most liability claims, but not every type. You’ll need to get other types of business insurance to give your company extensive coverage. A general liability policy won’t help your business if:
How Is a General Liability Insurance Premium Calculated?
Several factors contribute to your business’ insurance cost. From the number of employees you have and your claims history to the type of business you operate, different factors can affect your general liability insurance premium. Insurers look at these factors and then use their own formulas when determining costs.
Start Protecting Your Business and Get a General Liability Insurance Quote
Somos una compañía de seguros con más de 200 años de experiencia. We’ve helped over 1 million small business owners get the insurance coverage they need to help protect their unique companies.
If you’re wondering how much does general liability insurance cost, we’ll help get you a price tailored to your needs. Get a general liability insurance quote
today to help protect your business.
Last Updated: November 20, 2023
* Premium amounts presented are based on monthly premium paid by The Hartford's Small Business customers between 1/1/22 and 9/14/23 for 12-month policies. Premium is derived from a number of factors specific to your business and may vary.
Divulgaciones adicionales a continuación.