Your insurance agency or independent agent may recommend higher liability coverage limits based on your business, the types of vehicles you own and how you use them.
Who Needs Michigan Commercial Auto Insurance?
If you’re a small business owner in Michigan wondering, “Do I need commercial auto insurance?
” the answer is yes. If your business owns, leases or rents any vehicles, such as trucks or cars, you’re required to have commercial auto insurance coverage in Michigan. Also, if your business has employees who operate leased, rented or owned business vehicles for work, you’ll need a commercial auto insurance policy.
Common industries that need commercial auto insurance include:
What Does Commercial Vehicle Insurance in Michigan Cover?
If your business depends on any company vehicles to get the job done, you’ll need commercial car insurance to keep you and your employees protected. In Michigan, commercial auto policies commonly include these coverages:
- Bodily Injury Liability Coverage helps pay for the other driver’s medical expenses if you or one of your employees causes an accident.
- Property Damage Liability Coverage pays for damage that you or your employees cause to someone else’s property.
- Drive Other Car Coverage covers your business’ executive officers and their spouses if they drive vehicles that aren’t on your commercial auto insurance policy.
- Collision Coverage helps pay to fix or replace your business’ car if you hit something, like another car or pole.
- Comprehensive Coverage can help pay for car damages caused by theft, fire or natural disasters.
- Medical Payments Coverage can help pay for medical expenses for your employees and their passengers in the event of an accident, such as medical treatments and rehabilitations, dental care or funerals.
- Uninsured/Underinsured Motorists Coverage helps pay for you or your employees’ medical expenses or to fix your car if you’re in an accident with a driver who lacks enough liability coverage or is uninsured.
- Hired and non-owned auto insurance offers lawsuit liability coverage if you or your employees are involved in an accident with a personal, rented or leased car that was used for business errands. However, this type of commercial vehicle insurance coverage will not pay for damages to the personal, rented or leased car.
Vehicles Covered Under Commercial Auto Insurance
If your small business owns any types of vehicles for work, like cars, pickup trucks, box trucks or commercial vans, you can safeguard your operations with commercial auto insurance.
If you’re looking for Michigan business auto insurance for your company car or pickup truck, call us at 855-860-9763
to get a free quote from The Hartford.
The Hartford also offers commercial auto insurance to cover vehicles that are not cars or pickup trucks, such as:
How Much Is Commercial Vehicle Insurance in Michigan?
Your commercial auto insurance cost in Michigan can often depend on your industry and the types of vehicles your business operates. There are also several other factors that may influence the cost of your auto insurance coverage in Michigan, including your:
- Vehicle type and value
- Claims history
- Coverage type(s)
- Typical travel radius
- Historial de manejo
Commercial Auto Insurance From The Hartford
With over 200 years of experience, we’re an insurance company you can count on. We know that your small business faces unique risks, so it’s important to be prepared when something unexpected happens. We make it easy for you to get a fast and free quote for Michigan commercial auto insurance. Llame al 855-860-9763
para solicitar una cotización hoy mismo.
Última actualización: 18 de septiembre de 2023
1 U.S. Small Business Administration, “2022 Small Business Profile – Michigan.”
2 State of Michigan, “Choosing Bodily Injury Coverage.”
3 State of Michigan, “Choosing PIP Medical Coverage.”
Divulgaciones adicionales a continuación.