What Is Box Truck Insurance?
Box truck insurance is a type of el seguro comercial para automóviles
that’s designed specifically for businesses that use box trucks or straight trucks for work purposes. Box truck drivers face a number of different risks associated with short-haul commercial trucking. With box truck insurance, you can protect your business and its truckers on and off the roads. This type of business insurance can help cover bodily injury or property damage claims if you or one of your employees gets into an accident while driving your company box truck.
To learn more about how you can protect your business while on the road, call 855-829-1683
to get a quote for commercial auto insurance.
What Businesses Need Commercial Box Truck Insurance?
There are many different types of businesses who might need box truck insurance to protect them against risks associated with trucking. The most common types of industries that may need box truck insurance are:
What Does Insurance for a Box Truck Cover?
Coverage for box trucks is often similar to what you’d find within a commercial auto insurance policy, but there are some truck-specific coverages you can add. Although coverage availability and requirements may vary by state, common types of box truck insurance coverages available to business owners include:
- Liability Insurance Coverage to help cover claims of property damage and bodily injury if you or your employees get into an accident while using a company box truck for business purposes.
- Collision Coverage, which is a type of physical damage coverage that helps pay for repairs or replacement costs of your company’s box truck if you hit something, like a car or a pole.
- Comprehensive Coverage to help cover the cost of physical damages caused by theft, fire or natural disasters.
- Medical Payments Coverage to help pay for medical bills for your employees and their passengers in the event of an accident. These costs include those for medical treatments and rehabilitations, dental care or funerals.
- Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist Coverage, which helps cover your or your employees’ medical expenses or costs to fix your car if you get into an accident with another driver who lacks enough liability coverage or is uninsured.
Types of Trucks Covered Under Box Truck Insurance
This coverage is not just for the traditional box trucks. This coverage may also apply to:
- Straight trucks
- Tilt cabs
- Flatbed trucks
What Does Box Truck Insurance Cost?
The amount of premium you’ll pay for insurance for box trucks is often heavily dependent on your industry and the type of cargo you’re carrying. Several other factors may also influence the cost of box truck insurance, like the:
- Location of your company
- Coverage limits of your policy
- Type of truck(s) you own
- Driving records of your employees
- Claims history of your business
Get a Fast and Free Box Truck Insurance Quote Today
We know that truck drivers face unique risks while out on the road. That’s why it’s important to make sure that your business is protected for the long haul. The Hartford makes it easy to get a fast and free quote for box truck insurance. Call us today at 855-860-9763
Última actualización: 8 de septiembre de 2023
Divulgaciones adicionales a continuación.