Drive Safe to Receive Safe Driver Discounts
With the AARP®
Auto Insurance Program from The Hartford,1
you can get descuentos en seguros para autos
for being a safe driver. For example, you may be able to get discounts if your car:
- Has more than one airbag
- Is a hybrid or electric vehicle
How to Qualify for a Good Driver Discount
Typically, insurance companies require you to have five years of safe driving to qualify for auto discounts. However, not all companies offer the same benefits. So, depending who your insurance provider is, you may not receive good driver discounts that reward you for having a claims-free history. To find out what car insurance companies offer, contact your representatives or agents directly. Find out what you can receive with us by speaking with our specialists at 888-413-8970
Types of Safe Driver Discounts
You can receive good driver discounts with the AARP Auto Insurance Program from The Hartford if you complete driver training or defensive driving courses.
Some other benefits you can receive with us include:
- Disappearing deductible: Your collision deductible on your car will be reduced over time, as long as you keep a clean driving record.‡
- Accident forgiveness: We understand every driver makes mistakes. As long as you have car insurance coverage with The Hartford and all of the drivers on your policy have a clean driving record for five straight years, you’ll qualify for accident forgiveness.‡
- RecoverCare: con este beneficio, puede obtener hasta $2,500 para pagar el transporte, la cocina, la limpieza y otra ayuda que pueda necesitar si se lesiona en un accidente automovilístico.§
Get a Safe Driver Discount
To see if you qualify for safe driver discounts, call our representatives today at 888-413-8970
. They can help you find the right coverage with affordable insurance premiums. They’ll also help you qualify for benefits like disappearing deductible.‡
You can also buy car insurance online
from us today after getting a free estimate.
Frequently Asked Questions About Safe Driver Discounts
What Is a Safe Driver?
To be a safe driver, you’ll need to follow the rules of the road and be cautious. You’ll also want to practice good driving characteristics, like:
- Staying alert
- Driving the speed limit
- Staying off the road in bad weather or conditions
- Keeping your distance and avoid tailgating
- Always wearing your seat belt
- Paying attention to traffic
- Looking both ways
- Keeping your headlights on
- Putting your phone away
- Never drinking and driving
- Staying focused and minimizing distractions
Is a Safe Driver Discount Only for People with No Accidents?
To qualify for safe driver discounts that will reduce your costs, you’ll typically need to have no collisions or at-fault accidents for at least five years. You’ll also need to be violation free. Without accident free driving during this time, you may not qualify for these benefits. However, this ultimately depends on the insurance company that you work with.
How Much Is the AARP Driver Safety Course?
The costs for defensive driving courses can vary. Generally, they are around $15 to $100 and completing these courses gives you a three-year premium discount.
How Long Is the Driver Safety Course Good For?
This course is typically valid for two to three years. This depends on the state you live and drive in.