How to Buy Car Insurance
Buying car insurance can feel overwhelming, but it doesn’t have to be. At The Hartford, we are here to make it as easy as possible for you. Get your quote online, by phone or by contacting an insurance agent.
If you’re looking to get a quote quickly, you can receive one in minutes online with the AARP® Auto Insurance
Program from The Hartford.1
You can also call The Hartford’s representatives at 888-413-8970
to find out which types of coverages are best for you. Or you can find out how to switch car insurance
As you shop, remember that it’s important to get a few insurance quotes before you decide on a policy. You’ll also want to look into the requirements for where you live. The coverages you’ll need often vary by state.
Al buy car insurance online
, you’ll need to first enter your zip code. From there, we’ll ask you a series of questions to help choose coverages that are best for you.
Online car insurance quotes allow you to:
- Easily compare many different policies and quotes.
- Buy insurance at any time of the day.
- Save money because you can find the best deal without paying an agent.
Remember that getting a quote online isn’t always the best choice. You can miss out on discounts because some online forms don’t include them. Another common issue is getting too much or not enough coverage because you’ve misunderstood certain policies.
1. Get Car Insurance Over the Phone
Many auto insurance shoppers prefer to talk to insurance professionals to help them pick their coverages. A representative can help guide you through the quoting process. They’ll also help you understand all your insurance coverage options. One of the biggest benefits to this approach is that you’ll have a person to ask questions to in real-time. This can be useful if you’re new to buying insurance coverage.
Keep in mind that talking with an insurance professional over the phone can take more time than getting quotes online. You’ll also need to answer a series of questions about your vehicle, where you live and your driving record. Insurance coverage options offered over the phone are also limited to what that insurance company offers. You may be missing out on other deals or protections elsewhere.
2. Get Car Insurance From an Agent
Another option for getting auto insurance is to work with an agent or broker. They’ll have knowledge of policies sold by different companies and can help you find the best one for you. They can also help you get car insurance that’s affordable by talking to insurance companies for you. This can help you get extra savings and deals compared to doing an online quote yourself.
Car insurance agents
and brokers are also more objective about coverages because they aren’t working with any particular insurance company. However, they do sometimes try to upsell you in order to get bigger commissions. They may also charge fees for their service.
Steps to Get Car Insurance Today
- Decide if you’ll want to get a car insurance quote online, over the phone or through an agent.
- Research coverage options on your own to get a better understanding.
- Determine how much cobertura de seguro para autos you need.
- Gather personal and vehicle information you’ll need to get car insurance quotes.
- Compare quotes from different insurance companies.
- Choose the coverages that fit your needs best.
- Pay for your coverage.
What Do You Need to Get Car Insurance Quotes?
Before you can get your free car insurance quote, you’ll need to have certain information on hand, including:
- Your personal information, like your address and birthdate.
- The name of your current car insurance company and the types of coverage you have now.
- Each of your car’s vehicle identification numbers (VIN).
- Car mileages.
- Vehicle lease or loan information.
- Drivers license numbers for primary drivers on your policy. You’ll also want to mention if you’ll want certain members of your household to be excluded drivers on your policy. This means if they drive your vehicle, your insurance won’t cover them even if they are licensed drivers.
Get Car Insurance Quotes From The Hartford
Getting a car insurance quote doesn’t have to be expensive. In fact, car insurance quotes
are easy to get through the AARP Auto Insurance Program from The Hartford. The Hartford can help you save money on car insurance when you:
- Join AARP. AARP members enjoy savings of up to 10%.
- Bundle your auto and home insurance.**
- Complete a defensive driving course.
- Pay your premium in full.
We also offer benefits like:
- New Car Replacement:§§ If you total your new car, we’ll replace it with a new one of the same make, model and equipment, with no deduction for depreciation.
- Exención por accidente:‡ We understand every driver makes mistakes. As long as all the drivers on your car insurance policy have a clean driving record for five straight years with The Hartford, you’ll qualify for accident forgiveness.
- Disappearing Deductible:‡ With this optional coverage, your collision deductible will be reduced over time, as long as you maintain a clean driving record.
- RecoverCare:§ If you’re injured in a car accident, this benefit helps pay for home services like cleaning or walking the dog.
Common Questions About How to Get Car Insurance
Can You Get Car Insurance Without a License?
Most companies won’t offer you insurance without a license. So, you’ll need to visit your state’s department of motor vehicles and become a licensed driver before you can get car insurance. Learn more about getting car insurance with no license
Can I Get Car Insurance Without a Car?
If you drive a car often but don’t own it, you can get non-owners car insurance coverage. This helps cover you if you’re in an accident while driving someone else’s vehicle.
How Long Does It Take to Get Car Insurance?
Applying for auto insurance doesn’t take long. In most cases, you can get a policy from your insurance company in a few minutes. Keep in mind that the amount of time it takes can depend on how many coverages you need and how many questions you have.
How Do I Get Car Insurance Before Buying a Car?
To get car insurance before you buy a car, you’ll need to follow these steps:
- Decide if you’re getting your policy online, by phone or in-person.
- Make sure you have the right information for your car, like your vehicle identification number (VIN), mileage and model.
- Learn what your coverage options are and how much protection you’ll need.
- See if you qualify for discounts. For instance, many companies will reduce your rate if you bundle your auto coverage with your home or life insurance policy.
- Pay for your policy.
Última actualización: 21 de septiembre de 2023