Can You Buy Car Insurance Online?
Are you looking to buy car insurance online? If so, purchasing seguro para autos
right from your home computer or phone is easier than ever. With a quick internet search, you can research your coverage needs and buy policies at your convenience.
However, before you buy your car insurance online, you’ll want to make sure you understand how car insurance works
. It’s helpful to know what coverages you’ll need for your car type, family and lifestyle.
To get the best price on policies, you can also compare several quotes from different insurance companies. To start your search, get a cotización de seguro para autos
from the AARP®
Auto Insurance Program from The Hartford1
How to Get Car Insurance Online
1. Gather Your Information Before Getting a Quote
To buy coverage online, you’ll need to get the required insurance information ahead of time, like your car’s:2
- Make, model and year
- Vehicle Identification Number (VIN)
- Safety features
You’ll also need household information, like:
- Su nombre
- Your address and zip code
- Driver’s license number
- How many people in your household you need to insure
- Dates of birth for all licensed drivers in your household
2. Review Car Insurance Requirements in Your State
3. Compare Car Insurance Coverages
While your state’s minimum requirements are a good starting point, you’ll generally want to get more than the minimum amount. That’s because if you’re in an accident and the car’s damages exceed your liability coverage limit, you’ll have to pay for some of the repairs out of pocket.
It’s also important to understand your cobertura de seguro para autos
options and if you’re high risk for a company to insure. For instance, if you’ve had a lot of driving violations in the past, your rates may be higher. You’ll also want to see how you can customize your policy to fit your needs with different products and services from your insurance company.
Some coverages you’ll want to look into, include:
For more information on determining the cost of your auto insurance coverage, you can read through our car insurance calculator
4. Check Out Car Insurance Discounts & Benefits
- Benefits for AARP members: You’ll get savings of up to 10% just for being an AARP member.
- AARP home and auto insurance bundle: You can save up to 5% on your auto insurance and up to 20% on your home, condo and renters insurance if you bundle them with us.**
- New car replacement coverage:§§ If you total your new car, we’ll replace it with a new one of the same make, model and equipment. We also won’t subtract depreciation.
- RecoverCare:§ This benefit provides reimbursement on home services, like house cleaning, that you’re unable to do after an accident.
- Disappearing Deductible:‡ With this optional benefit, your collision deductible will be reduced over time as long as you maintain a clean driving record.
- Accident forgiveness:‡ We understand every driver makes mistakes. As long as all the drivers on your car insurance policy have a clean driving record for five straight years with The Hartford, you’ll qualify for accident forgiveness.
5. Get a Car Insurance Quote Online
Once you’ve finished researching coverages and car insurance rates, your next step is to get quotes that you can compare. To get started, get a free cotización de seguro para autos
from The Hartford online today.
6. Purchase Your Car Insurance Online
When you’re ready to purchase your policy, you’ll want to have personal information prepared ahead of time, like your:
- Vehicle make, model and year
- Vehicle Identification Number
- Driving violations or accidents within the last five years
Once you have that, you can begin the quoting process where you’ll choose your liability limits for policies and deductibles. Depending on the car insurance company you’re working with, you may also need to answer certain questions that can help you get discounts. For instance, a company may ask you about the vehicle safety features you have installed in your car because these can help lower your rate.
Remember, you can buy auto insurance online through companies’ quoting tools or you can call their representatives. You can also work with an insurance agency separately. Most companies offer downloadable insurance cards for proof of coverage once you have your auto policies.
Get a Quote for Car Insurance Online Today
Whether you buy car insurance online or over the phone, we can help you find the best coverage. To learn more, get a free cotización de seguro para autos
from The Hartford today.
Frequently Asked Questions About Buying Car Insurance Online
Who Has the Cheapest Online Car Insurance?
To find the cheapest coverage online, you’ll want to get multiple auto insurance quotes from different companies. You can then compare them to find the lowest rate.
How Can I Get Insurance Fast?
Getting a quote online is usually the fastest way to get car insurance
coverage. However, you can also call your insurance company for help. Their representatives should be able to recommend the policies you need and answer your questions about coverage.
Última actualización: 22 de septiembre de 2023