What Should I Look for in Good Car Insurance?
Chances are you wouldn’t buy a car without shopping around to find a price that’s right for your budget. So, you should take the same approach to buying car insurance. When you comparar los seguros para autos
rates, it helps you get the right coverage for the right price.
If you’re wondering, “What is the best car insurance?” there’s no simple answer. Everyone’s car insurance needs are unique. But there are some coverages and benefits that can set an insurance company apart, like:
- A 24/7 hotline to help you file a claim
- A reputation for helping customers after an accident
- Rates and rewards exclusively for AARP members
We make it our business to help protect you and your loved ones on the road. In fact, since 1984, The Hartford has helped nearly 40 million AARP members by offering the AARP® Auto Insurance
Program from The Hartford .1
How to Find the Best Car Insurance Company
The best seguro para autos
company for you will depend on how well it can meet your needs as a driver. As you’re comparing car insurance companies
, keep in mind that these factors can impact your car insurance coverage levels:
- The type of car you drive, because you’ll likely need more coverage to protect higher value cars.
- Where you drive, since some zip codes have more drivers, which can increase your risk of an accident.
- How much you drive can increase your chances of getting into an accident. So, if you have a longer commute or travel a lot, you may need a higher level of coverage.
- Who drives your car, because you’ll need to have coverage for each driver.
- Your driving history, or driver profile, because a history of tickets and violations will likely increase your premium.
Through the AARP Auto Insurance Program from The Hartford, we offer coverages you can tailor to meet your specific driving needs. You’ll also have access to The Hartford’s highly-rated claims service 24 hours a day, seven days a week. You can call 888-546-9099
to get a car insurance quote today or learn more about the Seguro de autos AARP
Program from The Hartford.
Find the Best Car Insurance Quotes for You
Not every car insurer is the same. Finding the best car insurance quote for you means getting the right coverage levels at the right price. You should check to see if your auto insurance quotes
include any discounts. Some insurers offer discounts for:
- Bundling insurance policies. You can save up to 5% on your auto insurance and up to 20% on your seguros de condominios, inquilinos o viviendas by bundling.**
- Completing defensive driving courses that can help you avoid accidents.
- Paying your policy in full instead of paying it monthly.
- Finishing a driver’s education course to help younger drivers on your policy be safe on the road.
- Driving a fuel-efficient vehicle, such as a hybrid or electric vehicle.
We also offer more insurance coverage to add to your protection, including:
- New car replacement if your new car is a total loss after an accident.§§
- RecoverCare§ coverage to help pay for cleaning and other help you need if you’re injured in an accident.
- Accident forgiveness: We understand every driver makes mistakes. Si los conductores incluidos en su póliza de seguro para autos tienen un buen historial de tránsito durante ocho años consecutivos con The Hartford, será elegible para la exención por accidentes.‡
- Disappearing deductible that reduces your collision deductible over time as long as you maintain a clean driving record.‡
The Best Car Insurance by State
Car insurance requirements vary in each state, including the amount of liability coverage you need to have. Auto insurance companies look at these coverage requirements, as well as other factors, to determine your policy cost.
Best Car Insurance FAQs
What information do I need to get an auto insurance quote?
When you’re shopping for auto insurance, you’ll need some basic information about yourself, your cars and other drivers listed on the policy. Most insurers will ask for your:
- Car’s make, model and year
- Historial de manejo
What are some coverages I may need for my car insurance policy?
Common coverages include:
Bodily injury protection
, which covers medical expenses if you injure the other driver or their passengers in a car accident.
, which helps pay your repair costs if something other than a collision damages your car, like fire, theft or falling objects.
Full glass coverage
pays to repair or replace broken or damaged glass in your car without a deductible.
Cobertura de gastos médicos
helps cover medical bills if you or someone else listed on your policy is hurt in an accident or as a pedestrian.
Labor and towing insurance
helps cover roadside assistance, like getting your car towed if it breaks down.
Personal property protection (PIP)
gives you and your passengers benefits if you’re injured in a car accident, no matter who’s at fault. It can help cover your medical bills, help you recover lost income and pay for essential services, like grocery deliveries. This coverage isn’t available in all states.
Rental car expense
helps you pay for a rental if you can’t use your car because of a covered loss.
Personal umbrella insurance
extends your liability insurance limits. So if a liability claim costs more than the maximum on your policy, this coverage can help pay the difference.
Does the lowest auto insurance quote mean I’ll get the best coverage?
No, the lowest quote doesn’t mean it’ll give you the best protection out on the road. It’s a good idea to review the coverage levels and limits in each quote you get. You may find the lowest quote doesn’t have enough coverage for your needs. So you may have to go with a policy that costs more, but offers a higher level of protection.
Finding the Best Car Insurance Company Can Make All the Difference
Accidents happen. Knowing you’re prepared if you get into one can give you peace of mind. If you’re in an accident, having the right coverage means you’ll have help paying for medical expenses and property damage.
It can also save you a lot of hassle, because great car insurance should include great claims service. After an accident, our specialists can help you with the claims process, including:
- Filing a claim
- Getting a tow truck for your vehicle
- Finding a rental car
- Dealing with another driver’s insurance company
Our goal is to help protect you and your loved ones out on the road. But don’t just take our word for it. Here is what some of our actual customers said about their experiences with the Seguro de autos AARP
“Top efficiency is standard at The Hartford … I’ve worked with many insurance companies over the years and they are by far the best in their field … I will always insure with them now and in the future.”
“My experience with The Hartford has been nothing but the best. The claim was taken care of in a blink of an eye.”
“I would have to say that The Hartford was exceptional with their claims coverage, helped with all the rental car arrangements, arranging payment for repair of car and also gave us the repair shop information. This experience was very exceptional in that I did not have any lapse in driving to and from work. The Hartford claims reps are the best of the best. Thank you.”
Última actualización: 22 de septiembre de 2023