How To Get a Business Liability Insurance Quote
- Daños a la propiedad
- Customer injuries
Start protecting your business by getting a GL quote
from us today. We can also help you get a certificate of insurance with your GL policy. Many customers require this before they work with small businesses.
What Is General Liability Insurance?
General liability insurance helps protect your company from claims that arise from normal business operations. This can include claims of:
- Bodily injuries
- Daños a la propiedad
- Personal and advertising injuries
- Reputational harm
Come Prepared: Information You Need Before Getting a Liability Insurance Quote
To get general liability insurance quotes, you’ll want to make sure you have the right information handy. Before you start a quote, you’ll need the:
- Registered name and address of your business
- Year you established your business
- Number of locations you have
- Number of employees you have
- Any history of liability losses in the last three years, including damage to property, accidents and injuries
- The general liability limit or coverage amount you are planning to buy
It may be a good idea to check your property lease because some landlords require certain levels of general liability insurance coverage.
Do I Need General Liability Insurance for My Business?
While general liability insurance isn’t usually required by law, most small businesses benefit from it. If a claim is filed against you for bodily injury or property damage, this policy can help cover it so you don’t have to pay out of pocket.
General Liability Insurance Cost
The average annual cost of general liability insurance for small businesses is $805.* However, “How much does general liability insurance cost
?” is a common question we get and the answer depends on several factors, such as the:
- Type of business you own
- Number of years you’ve been in business
- Amount of coverage needed
- Number of liability claims and losses your business has had in the past three years
The only way to know your business’ unique cost is to get a business liability insurance cita
Small Business Liability Insurance Quotes
Insurance coverage is necessary for large and small businesses, but it’s especially important for:
- Smaller businesses
- Sole proprietors
With us, you can buy general liability insurance coverage on its own or bundle it with other useful insurance products, such as:
Ways To Save Money on General Liability Insurance Quotes
Bundle Your Coverage
One easy way to save money on your business' general liability insurance cost is to bundle insurance packages. You can buy a Business Owner’s Policy (BOP)
, which combines:
- General liability coverage
- Commercial property coverage
- Business income coverage
Depending on your industry, you may also want to customize your small business insurance policy by adding coverage for:
Get the Right Amount of Coverage
Every business, regardless of size or industry, is open to some form of liability. Business liability insurance protects your business so you won’t have to pay for all the costs related to a general liability claim
Think it’s worth the risk? The average cost of a slip and fall claim is $20,000.1
Fortunately, including general liability in your policy can help protect small business owners and save money in the long run. We also offer quotes for short-term general liability insurance
to cover time limited projects and help project-based businesses stay protected in any situation.
Work With an Agent From a Reputable Insurance Company
Short on time or not sure what coverage you need? Because insurance requirements vary by state, an insurance agent
can help you understand your risks and find the right coverages for your business.
Work To Prevent Liability Losses
The number of claims against your business can impact the cost of your coverage. So, you should take all the steps you can to prevent injury or property damage. Things like cleaning up spills immediately and marking slippery surfaces to alert customers can help prevent customer bodily injuries and claims.
What Is Included in a Small Business Liability Insurance Quote?
When you get a small business liability insurance quote, it’ll include your cost and coverage details. Your general liability insurance coverage
helps protect your business if someone sues you for causing property damage or bodily injury, like if a:
- Customer falls off a ladder reaching for a book on the top shelf in your store. Your general liability insurance can help cover medical costs associated with claims of bodily injury.
- Landscaper damages a customer’s shed while mowing their lawn. Your general liability insurance can help cover the cost of the claim.
- New ad campaign contains copyrighted information and another business files a claim against you. Your general liability insurance can help cover your defense costs.
Last Updated: November 20, 2023
1 The Hartford, “The Hartford Reports: More Than 40 Percent Of Small Businesses Will Experience A Claim In The Next 10 Years”
* Premium amounts presented are based on monthly premium paid by The Hartford's Small Business customers between 1/1/22 and 9/14/23 for 12-month policies. Premium is derived from a number of factors specific to your business and may vary.
Divulgaciones adicionales a continuación.