What Is General Liability Insurance in New Jersey?
General liability insurance in NJ is essential for most small businesses. It helps cover claims of bodily injuries and property damage. For example, if your customer trips and sprains their ankle in your New Jersey small business, your general liability insurance
policy can help pay for their medical bills. Or if your employee damages a customer’s home while delivering products, your general liability insurance can help pay for the repairs.
New Jersey has over 900,000 small businesses, making up 99.6% of the businesses in the state.1
We know how important small businesses are and we’re honored to protect small business owners like you. To make sure you have the right insurance in New Jersey, obtener una cotización
today. We’ve been helping small businesses get the general liability coverage they need at affordable prices for more than 200 years.
How Much Is General Liability Insurance in New Jersey?
Our small business customers in New Jersey paid an average annual premium of $952 for general liability insurance, or about $79 a month.2 However, the amount you pay will depend on different factors, like your:
- Number of employees
- Building condition
- Policy details, like coverage limits and deductibles
- Claims history
To learn more about commercial general liability insurance, obtener una cotización
from us today. We can help you customize your insurance in New Jersey and protect your business from claims. It’s also a good idea to compare quotes from multiple insurance carriers to find the policy that’s right for you.
What Are the Different Types of Business Liability Insurance in NJ?
General liability insurance
helps cover claims of bodily injury and property damage, but it isn’t the only important business liability insurance coverage. You may also want other New Jersey small business insurance coverages, like:
- Commercial auto insurance: If you or your employees are in an accident while driving for work, this coverage can help pay for property damage and medical expenses.
- New Jersey workers’ compensation insurance: This coverage helps provide important benefits to employees with a work-related injury or illness. It can help pay for their medical treatment.
- Professional liability insurance: If you or your employees make an error or omission in your professional services, this policy can help cover you.
- Data breach insurance: This can help pay to notify impacted customers, patients and employees of a data breach. It can also help to hire a public relations firm.
- Business income insurance: This policy is also known as business interruption coverage and helps replace lost income if you’re unable to operate due to covered property damage.
- Commercial property insurance: If your owned or rented building, tools or equipment are damaged in a covered loss, this policy can help pay to repair or replace them.
- Business Owners’ Policy (BOP): This coverage combines business property and liability insurance into one convenient policy. It can help cover claims from fire, theft or other covered disasters.
To learn more about the business liability insurance in NJ that you need, obtener una cotización
from us today. We’ve been helping small business owners get the small business insurance they need for over 200 years.
Get a Quote for Business Liability Insurance in NJ
General liability insurance can help protect your business from bodily injury and property damage claims. Without it, you’ll have to pay out of pocket. To learn more, obtener una cotización
from us today.
We’re an insurance company you can count on. We’ll help customize your policy to fit your needs perfectly. Our specialists are known for their quality customer service and expertise in insurance products. We can also help you get additional coverages, like workers’ compensation insurance. For each policy, we’ll explain the terms, conditions and limits so you can decide what fits your business best.
Last Updated: November 28, 2023
1 Small Business Administration (SBA), “2021 Small Business Profile”
2 Premium amounts presented are based on monthly premium paid by The Hartford’s Small Business customers between 1/1/22 and 9/14/23 for 12-month policies. Premium is derived from a number of factors specific to your business and may vary.
Divulgaciones adicionales a continuación.