Our disability insurance products include a broad variety of absence management and claims support services designed to help:
- Streamline the administration of leaves
- Ease the claims process
- Coordinate with leave programs
- Support employees so they can return to work as soon as they’re able
Short-term Disability (STD)
When employees are unable to work because of a disabling injury or illness, Short-term Disability Insurance helps to replace part of their income. Our group disability product makes the whole process easier for everyone, because:
- Nurses handle the claims, providing a compassionate and efficient experience that can reduce the length of absences.
- Once approved, a single claim handler supports the employee and employer through the life of the claim with streamlined communication.
- We can integrate the processes related to short-term disability and leave management.
Long-term Disability (LTD)
Like Short-term Disability, our Long-term Disability Insurance product is carefully designed to emphasize ability and functionality, not limitations. It helps provide a continued income for employees during a time of extended disability.
- The way we define disability can help employees avoid a loss in earnings, including the ability to earn up to 100% of their pre-disability earnings with our Return-to-Work Incentive Benefit.
- We offer a rehabilitation program that includes vocational and job placement services, as well as work-related guidance and resources
Statutory Disability: Keeping It Simple
State-mandated disability insurance requirements can change frequently. To stay compliant, it takes experience and up-to-date knowledge. Our group disability team can help provide important guidance for businesses, such as how to:
- Meet state requirements
- Protect their workforce
- Relieve staff of legal, regulatory and administrative burdens