Choose The Hartford for Small Business Insurance in Utah
As one of the top three states in Forbes’ “Best States for Business” list, Utah has a strong economy and business sector.1
Businesses in the state work in various industries, including:2
- Aerospace and defense
- Financial services
- Information technology
- Life sciences
Many of these companies are small businesses. In fact, over 301,000 small businesses call Utah home.3 They employ over 590,400 employees, or 46% of the state’s workers.4
It’s clear that small businesses have a key role in Utah’s economy. We’re proud to help keep these companies running successfully with seguro de negocio
made for small businesses.
Business insurance in Utah helps protect your company from risks that can come up during normal business operations. Whether your business is in Salt Lake City, Provo, West Jordan or elsewhere in the state, we’ve got your back.
Types of Utah Business Insurance Offered
Utah Business Owner’s Policy
Many business owners in Utah start with a Póliza para propietarios de empresas
(BOP). This combines three coverages to help cover claims of bodily injuries or property damage. A BOP includes:
- General liability insurance
- Commercial property insurance
- Business income insurance
You may want to consider a BOP if your business:
- Has the potential of getting sued for customer injuries.
- Operates from an owned or rented physical space, like a building or office space.
- Owns digital or physical property that can get stolen or damaged. This includes furniture, software, tools and inventory.
A BOP can help your Utah business if:
- A customer trips and falls in your Provo store and they sue you to cover their medical bills.
- Your employee damages a customer’s furniture while moving it in their Logan home.
- A business owner in Salt Lake City sues your company, claiming you damaged their reputation after making comments about them in a news interview.
Utah General Liability Insurance
- Lesiones corporales
- Property damage to someone else’s belongings
- Personal injury, like libel or slander
This coverage is also known as commercial general liability insurance and business liability insurance.
Utah Data Breach Insurance
Data breach insurance
helps your business respond to a breach if personally identifiable information gets lost or stolen. Some insurance companies refer to this coverage as cyber liability insurance.
Following a breach, data breach insurance can help pay for your costs to:
- Notify impacted individuals
- Create a public relations campaign to improve your business’ reputation
- Offer credit monitoring and identify theft prevention services
Utah Business Income Insurance
Property damage can prevent you from operating your Utah business, which could significantly impact your company’s finances. Business income insurance
helps recover your lost income if you can’t operate because of covered property damage due to:
This type of insurance is in a BOP, but you can increase coverage to address your business’ specific needs.
Utah Workers’ Compensation Insurance
- Medical expenses
- Ongoing care costs
- Lost wages
- Funeral costs
If an employee or their family sues your business for a work-related injury or illness, workers’ compensation insurance can help pay your legal costs.
Professional Liability Insurance in Utah
Your customers or clients can sue your Utah business for mistakes in the professional services given. Professional liability insurance
can help cover your legal costs if someone sues your business, including:
- Defense fees
Utah Minimum Business Insurance Requirements
Utah requires most employers to carry workers’ compensation insurance. Even small businesses with one just employee, including a family member, may need to have coverage. Be aware that there are exemptions to the law. So, it’s a good idea to make sure you’re familiar with Utah’s minimum business insurance requirements
How Much Does a Small Business in Utah Pay for Insurance?
Every Utah business is different and faces unique risks. There is no one-size-fits-all business insurance policy, which means insurance costs vary between small businesses in the state. Certain factors can impact your insurance cost in Utah, such as:
- Business experience
- Claims history
- Type of business
Business Insurance in Riverton, St. George and More
Wherever you are in Utah, our specialists can help you get the business insurance coverages you need. We can help you get:
- Business insurance in Riverton, UT
- Business insurance in Salt Lake City, UT
- Business insurance in Logan, UT
- Business insurance in St. George, UT
- Business insurance in South Jordan, UT
Get a Business Insurance Quote in Utah Today
We’re not like other insurance carriers. We’re an experienced insurance company with over 200 years of experience and we’ve helped over 1 million small business owners throughout the country. We’re here to do the same for you. Whether you have coverage questions or need help filing a claim, we’ve got your back.
Additional Utah Business Insurance Links
3,4 US Small Business Administration Office of Advocacy, “2020 Small Business Profile: Utah”