A safe work environment often leads to a more profitable business and our team helps evaluate businesses’ risk exposures, prepares them to handle a loss event, and trains their workforce in safety best practices.
The Hartford Risk Engineering Laboratory
Our state-of-the-art industrial hygiene laboratory offers customized consulting and analytical services to help businesses understand the health risks their employees may face.
Customized Safety and Risk Management Services
The Hartford recognizes that every business is different. That’s why we work closely with each one to tailor an effective, realistic, and attainable loss control service plan to meet their unique risk profile.
We take an in-depth look at each business’s equipment, environment, and employees to help pinpoint the root causes of accidents and other losses. We formulate preventative strategies and partner with the business to develop a step-by-step risk management service plan tailor-made to address their specific work conditions and capabilities.
As part of our comprehensive loss control offering, our Risk Management team provides businesses with access to a broad array of safety and risk management services that include:
- Workplace safety evaluations
- Training to prepare for accident investigations
- Safety leadership advice
- Life safety programs
- Machine safeguarding information
- Ergonomic tips
- Driver safety programs
- Business continuity planning advice
We also focus on helping businesses minimize the severity and cost of loss events by educating them in advance on how to safely and effectively manage a loss should one occur.
Advantages of Risk Engineering Services From The Hartford
Some of the many valuable benefits of working with our skilled Risk Management team include:
- More than 150 highly educated and experienced Risk Engineering field consultants located across the nation
- Technical specialists who help businesses operate safely and efficiently
- Industrial hygienists who evaluate workplace health risks
- Specialists who provide expertise in areas such as ergonomics, fire protection, industrial hygiene, occupational and construction safety
- Dedicated account managers who manage large accounts
- Onsite and virtual risk management services
- Ergonomic risk mitigation services including TrueMotion, powered by TuMeke, which analyzes videos to proactively measure risk associated with a task
One Resource For All The Ways To Help Manage Risk
Our consultants understand the importance of an employer’s bottom line and provide practical solutions to help eliminate or reduce risk, while improving overall operations and productivity. We have a wide variety of innovative solutions built to meet ever-changing employer needs.
Success Stories - An Introduction
Carl Carano, The Hartford’s Head of Risk Engineering, discusses how The Hartford brings a different lens to Risk Engineering with their consultative approach and a focus on ROI.
Commitment to Lasting Relationships
Our consultants are committed to partnering with businesses for the long term to drive continuous operational improvements and make safety a natural part of doing business. By making workplace safety a top priority, we can help businesses protect their employees and better control losses and the costs associated with them.