Choose The Hartford for All Your Missouri Business Insurance Needs
The Show-Me State is home to 530,380 small businesses, making up 99.4% of companies in Missouri. These small businesses employ 1.2 million workers. In Missouri, small businesses include companies with fewer than 500 employees.1
Whether you’re in St. Louis, Kansas City, Springfield or anywhere in between, our insurance helps cover your MO small business. In fact, we’ve been helping protect MO small business owners like you for over 100 years.
Types of Missouri Business Insurance Offered
Missouri Business Owner’s Policy Insurance
A Missouri Póliza para propietarios de empresas
(BOP) combines business property insurance and business liability insurance into one convenient policy. This coverage helps protect your business from claims resulting from:
- Daños a la propiedad
- Personal and advertising injury
- Lesiones corporales
You can also tailor your BOP to meet your unique business insurance needs by adding additional coverages, like data breach insurance. You should consider getting a Business Owner’s Policy if your:
- St. Louis business has potential for being sued.
- O’Fallon company has a physical location, including a home office, store or other business property that you rent or own.
- Springfield business has digital and/or physical assets that can be stolen or damaged.
Missouri Commercial Umbrella Insurance
Commercial umbrella insurance
provides businesses with liability coverage to help protect them against the potentially devastating cost of claims. For instance, if the cost of a claim is higher than your business’ underlying primary insurance coverage, this policy can help extend your liability protection. This adds an additional layer of insurance for your company.
Some accidents a commercial umbrella insurance policy can help protect you against include:
- A customer slipping on the floor in your Kansas City office, resulting in a visit to the emergency room. The medical costs of their injuries exceed your general liability limits.
- Your business in Cape Girardeau makes advertising errors that result in lawsuits that exceed your primary business’ liability insurance limits.
Missouri Workers’ Compensation Insurance
Workers’ compensation insurance
, or workman’s compensation insurance, provides benefits to employees of Missouri businesses for work-related injuries or illnesses. In Missouri, employers need workers’ compensation insurance if they have five or more employees.2
This insurance can help pay for:
- Atención médica
- Lost wages
- Death benefits
Some examples of how workers’ comp can help protect your Missouri business and employees include:
- Your employee is driving to the Lees Summit office after a conference and is badly hurt in a car accident, requiring medical care.
- After you mopped the floor in the break room, your employee slips on the wet surface and injures their neck.
- Your employee injures her hand moving office furniture into a new space in St. Louis. She requires a doctor’s visit, medication and time off to recover.
Workers’ compensation protection may also help cover the costs if your worker’s family decides to sue your company after an accident. To learn more about workers’ comp and other types of insurance
, obtener una cotización
from us today.
General Liability Insurance in Missouri
Missouri general liability insurance
coverage, also known as commercial general liability insurance or business liability insurance, helps protect your Missouri business from claims resulting from:
- Daños a la propiedad
- Advertising and personal injury
- Lesiones corporales
- Reputational harm
This coverage can help pay your legal fees in the event of a lawsuit against your company.
Professional Liability Insurance in Missouri
- Inaccurate advice
So, if your accounting firm in Branson gives inaccurate advice to a client, this coverage can help pay your legal fees if they sue you. And if your real estate firm in St. Louis fails to provide up to date information on a home to your clients before they buy it, this coverage can also help pay your legal fees.
Commercial Property Insurance in MO
Commercial property insurance
helps protect your business and its physical assets from fire, theft and other covered losses. So, if your Springfield business’ property is damaged from a fire, this coverage can help pay for the repairs.
MO Small Business Insurance Wherever You Are
No matter where you’re located in Missouri, we’ve got you covered. For instance, you can get:
- Kansas City business insurance
- Business insurance in O’Fallon. MO
- Commercial property insurance in Springfield. MO
- General liability insurance in Missouri
- Business insurance in Springfield. MO
- Business insurance in Cape Girardeau. MO
- Business insurance in Lees Summit. MO
- Commercial insurance in St. Louis
Missouri Minimum Business Insurance Requirements
If you have five or more employees, you’ll need to carry workers’ compensation insurance in Missouri. If your company is in the construction industry, you’ll need coverage for one or more employees. This applies to your company regardless of whether your employees are part-time, full-time or even family members.
If you don’t have the required number of employees, or if your workers are in the exempt categories, you can “elect” to come under the law and carry workers’ compensation insurance.2
How Much Is MO Small Business Insurance Per Month?
Your monthly business insurance cost will depend on the type of business you run. Some factors that may impact how much you’ll pay include your:
- Type of assets
- Property owned
- Number of employees
- Size of payroll
- Claims history
To find out how much business insurance will cost for your company, obtener una cotización
from us today. We’re an insurance company that’s helped protect small businesses for years. It’s our goal to help you get the coverage you need.
Additional Missouri Business Insurance Links
Get a quote
on Small Business Insurance for your business today.
1 Small Business Administration (SBA), “2020 Small Business Profile: MO”