Small Business Insurance in Michigan
Nearly two-thirds of Michigan business owners believe that The Mitten State has a positive business climate.1
It’s clear that small businesses play a significant role in Michigan’s economic landscape.
Over 886,500 small businesses call the Great Lake State home.2 These companies make up nearly all Michigan businesses and employ 1.9 million employees in the state.3
We know running a small business is hard work. That’s why business insurance is important. We’ve been providing business insurance in Michigan for over 80 years. You can help protect your company with seguro de negocio
coverages from The Hartford.
Types of Small Business Insurance Offered in Michigan
Business Liability Insurance in Michigan
General liability insurance
is one of the most important insurance policies Michigan business owners can have. It helps protect your business from claims that it caused bodily injury or property damage and other risks that can come up during normal business operations. This coverage is also known as business liability insurance and commercial general liability insurance.
Business liability insurance in Michigan can help you if your:
- Employee accidentally puts a hole in a client’s house in Grand Rapids.
- Customer slips and falls in your Detroit business and sues you to cover their medical bills.
- Rented business equipment gets damaged from a fire in Lansing.
Commercial Auto Insurance in Michigan
If your business has owned, rented or leased cars, having Michigan commercial auto insurance is a good idea. Commercial auto insurance
helps protect you and your employees on the road if you’re driving business vehicles for work. It generally includes bodily injury liability and property damage liability coverages.
Commercial auto coverage can help protect your business if your:
- Employee accidentally swerves off the road in Howell and crashes into a light post, causing damage to public property.
- Delivery person crashes a commercial vehicle in Traverse City and damages another person’s car.
- Maintenance person loses control of their company car and hits a telephone pole.
Michigan Data Breach Insurance
Data breach insurance helps your Michigan business respond to a breach if personally identifiable information gets lost or stolen. Some insurance companies refer to this coverage as cyber liability insurance
If your business suffers a breach, this insurance can help pay your costs to:
- Notify affected individuals.
- Create a public relations campaign to improve your business’ reputation.
- Offer credit monitoring services.
Data breach insurance is a good idea to have if your Michigan business:
- Keeps sensitive and confidential customer information, like credit card information, Social Security numbers and bank account details.
- Uses software to store personally identifiable information.
- Has a network where private information and data about your clients, vendors or workers are stored by employees.
Michigan Business Income Insurance
If the unexpected happens, you may not be able to operate your Michigan small business, which can have a devastating effect on your company. Michigan business income insurance can help replace your business’ lost income if you can’t operate because of covered property damage.
- Nómina de Sueldos
You may want to get this coverage if your:
- Howell business relies on an office, computers or other company property to operate.
- Detroit business depends on physical locations, tools or equipment to serve customers.
- Grand Haven company relies on a brick-and-mortar store to sell products and create revenue.
Michigan Professional Liability Insurance
Every business owner tries to operate perfectly, but mistakes can happen. If they do, a customer can sue your business if it results in a financial loss. Professional liability insurance
can help pay for your Michigan small business’ legal costs if it gets sued. It helps cover claims of:
Michigan Minimum Business Insurance Requirements
The state of Michigan requires employers to provide el seguro de compensación para trabajadores
for all employees who work 35 hours or more per week.4
This coverage gives benefits to your employees if they get a work-related injury or illness. These benefits can help:
- Pay for medical care
- Cover ongoing care bills
- Replace lost wages
Workers’ compensation insurance can also help protect business owners. If an employee or their family sues you, this insurance can help pay your legal costs.
How Much Does Business Insurance in Michigan Cost Per Month?
Not all small businesses in Michigan are the same. Each business faces unique risks and has unique insurance coverage needs. Because of this, business insurance costs in Michigan vary anywhere from $100 to $1,000 a year.
Some factors that can affect your insurance cost include:
- Claims history
- How long you’ve been operating
- Policy details, like coverage limits and deductibles
Small Business Insurance in Monroe, Lansing and More
No matter where you are in Michigan, we can help protect your business, working to get you:
- Business insurance in Kalamazoo, MI
- Business insurance in Lansing, MI
- Business insurance in Monroe, MI
- Business insurance in Grand Rapids, MI
- Business insurance in Howell, MI
- Business insurance in Detroit, MI
- Business insurance in Grand Haven, MI
- Business insurance in Traverse City, MI
Get a Business Insurance Quote in Michigan Today
We’re an insurance company backed by experience. We’ve helped over 1 million small business owners protect their companies. Our dedicated team of specialists can help you get the right coverage your business needs. Obtenga una business insurance quote
Additional Michigan Business Insurance Links
2,3 US Small Business Administration Office of Advocacy, “2020 Small Business Profile: Michigan”