Choose The Hartford for Your Louisiana Business Insurance Needs
Louisiana, the Pelican State, had 427,290 small businesses operating in 2017, making up 97.3% of all businesses in Louisiana. Firms with fewer than 100 employees have the most significant share of small business employment.1
The Hartford offers small business insurance
to companies throughout Louisiana in cities including Shreveport, New Orleans, Baton Rouge and more. Learn more about types of seguro de negocio
from The Hartford and why over 1 million small businesses have chosen The Hartford for their small business needs.
Types of Louisiana Business Insurance Offered
Louisiana General Liability Insurance
Seguro general contra terceros
, also known as Business Liability Insurance, provides insurance coverage for claims related to customer injuries, damage to others' property, and lawsuits. It can help pay for medical expenses as well as legal costs if a covered accident leads to a lawsuit against your Louisiana small business. General liability insurance can help cover the cost of claims related to things like damage to the premises being rented, medical payments, advertising errors, bodily injury, property damage or reputational harm.
Louisiana Business Owner’s Policy
Louisiana businesses need insurance for a variety of reasons, many because certain coverages are required for a business to operate. For small businesses in Louisiana, a Póliza para propietarios de empresas
(also known as a BOP) can provide three types of coverage under one policy. A Business Owner’s Policy combines business property insurance, business income insurance, and general liability insurance into one convenient plan. BOP Insurance helps cover your business from claims resulting from things like fire, theft or another covered incident and from claims involving bodily injury, property damage or personal and advertising injury that could arise from your business’ operations.
Consider a business owner’s policy if:
- Your Louisiana business has a physical location such as a storefront or office that is rented or owned.
- Your Louisiana business could be sued by a customer in your store or an employee in your office.
- Your Louisiana business has property that can be stolen or damaged including office supplies and furniture, customer data, cash or inventory.
Commercial Flood Insurance for Louisiana
Seguro comercial contra inundaciones
helps protect your Louisiana business from the costs that stem from floodwater damage. A commercial flood insurance policy will not only help protect the location of your business, but also the physical contents. A commercial flood insurance policy is designed to help protect your Louisiana small business if your floors, walls, ceilings, equipment, fixtures, furniture, inventory and business property sustains floodwater damage.
Consider commercial flood insurance if:
- You run your Louisiana business in an area that has heavy winter rainfall, which can lead to commercial flooding.
- Your Louisiana business operates in an area with moderate rainfall throughout the year. Even with average rainfall, a drain could become clogged, and water can overflow into your property causing severe flood damage.
Louisiana Workers' Compensation Insurance
Seguro de compensación para trabajadores
, commonly referred to as workman's comp insurance, provides benefits to employees in Louisiana businesses for work-related injuries or illnesses including medical care, wages from lost work time, and more. Workers' compensation insurance from The Hartford can help pay for the medical expenses needed to treat job-related injuries and illnesses. Workers' compensation insurance coverage can also help replace employees’ income if they need to take time off to recover from a work related injury or illness.
Workers' compensation insurance can help protect your Louisiana business and employees for example if:
- An employee accidentally starts a grease fire in your restaurant kitchen while cooking for guests, injures herself and requires an emergency room visit and weeks of recovery time.
- An employee returning to the office from a client meeting is injured in a car accident and requires medical attention.
- An employee injures his back moving office furniture and requires a physician’s attention, medication and weeks of physical therapy.
Louisiana Minimum Business Insurance Requirements
Louisiana state law requires that all employers obtain and maintain a policy of workers' compensation insurance for all their employees. Employers in Louisiana are required to maintain workers' compensation insurance even if they only have one employee. This includes part-time, full-time, temporary, or seasonal employees. Business owners and certain officers of a corporation may choose to exempt themselves from a workers' compensation insurance policy only if they own at least 10% of the company. This exemption must be done in writing to the insurance company.2
Additional Louisiana Business Insurance Links
Get a quote
on Small Business Insurance for your business today.