Accredited by the American Industrial Hygiene Association (AIHA).1
98% of our risk management customers say they'd recommend our services.
Unique in-house expertise centered around you.
Tested, Proven and Committed to Your Safety
Our Risk Engineering Lab is 1 of 4 industrial hygiene labs in the insurance industry that’s accredited by the American Industrial Hygiene Association (AIHA).2,3 Since 1975, our lab has provided fast, reliable risk management solutions and consultation to help prevent occupational health exposures and lower losses. And after expanding in 2019, our state-of-the-art lab can now give you immediate access to the latest laboratory instrumentation.
The Benefits of The Hartford’s Risk Engineering Lab
- Ease of doing business as the The Hartford completes your analytical laboratory needs. So, you can send your lab work to one company – eliminating multiple contracts with other labs.
- Fast turnaround times that are among the best in the industry.
- Consultative support from experts, like degreed chemists and certified hygienists.
Industrial Hygiene Services
Our Risk Engineering Lab offers a variety of high-quality industrial hygiene services, such as:
- Use of our air sampling pumps
- Consultation for sampling strategy and data interpretation
- Access to virtual industrial hygiene consultation
- Sampling media (except for passive sampling devices)
What Is Industrial Hygiene?
Industrial hygiene is the science of identifying, evaluating and controlling environmental factors in the workplace that can make workers sick or impact their health and well-being.4
Occupational health is an important part of a productive and safe workplace. And it’s also an essential part of an overall industrial hygiene (IH) plan.
Whether your business has simple or complex needs, our team of industrial hygienists can partner with you to create an IH plan that’s specific to your needs.
What Are the Common Types of Industrial Hygiene Hazards?
In workplaces across the nation, workers can be exposed to potentially hazardous substances that can cause serious health problems – and never know it. This includes:
- Hazardous materials
- Biological contaminants
A Consultative Approach to Industrial Hygiene
Our team of chemists and industrial hygienists work collaboratively with businesses to create a plan that addresses an immediate need or develop a long-term strategy to continuously improve occupational health and protect workers. Our experts can help:
- Anticipate potential occupational health hazards
- Recognize specific hazards
- Evaluate airborne contaminants, noise exposures and other physical hazards in the workplace
- Develop appropriate methods to control exposures and reduce the risks to your workers
Partnering Through Virtual Services
We’re uniquely equipped to support your loss prevention and safety efforts, regardless of the skill or experience level of your staff. Our Risk Engineering Lab can support other business’ field technicians and safety personnel.
We provide an industrial hygiene self-service and certified industrial hygiene consulting options if a virtual setting is easier for businesses.
Industrial Hygiene Equipment Rental and Lab Services
We have an extensive inventory of industrial hygiene monitoring equipment available for rent. These tools can monitor:
- Direct air reading
- Noise evaluations
- Heat stress
- Indoor air quality
* Los comentarios de los clientes son recolectados y tabulados por The Hartford y no representan a todos los clientes.
1,2 The Hartford’s Risk Engineering Laboratory (ID 100124) is accredited by the AIHA Laboratory Accreditation Programs (AIHA LAP), LLC for Industrial Hygiene and Unique Scopes as documented by the Scope of Accreditation Certificate and associated Scope.
3 American Industrial Hygiene Association Laboratory Accreditation Program
4 Occupational Safety and Health Administration, “Industrial Hygiene”