What Is General Liability Insurance in Illinois?
General liability insurance
, also known as business liability insurance, helps cover claims of bodily injury or property damage. So, if your customer gets injured while shopping in your retail store, general liability insurance in Illinois can help pay for their medical treatment. Without a GL policy, you’d have to pay out of pocket.
There are 1.2 million small businesses in Illinois that employ 2.5 million people.1
To stay successful, each one needs Illinois small business insurance coverage that can keep them protected. To get started, obtener una cotización
from us today. We have over 200 years of experience helping small business owners get the general liability coverage they need.
How Much Does General Liability Insurance Cost in Illinois?
If you’re wondering what the general liability insurance cost
is for you, you’re not alone. Our small business customers in Illinois paid an average annual premium of $785 for general liability insurance, or about $65 a month.* However, there are factors that can impact how much you’ll pay, including your:
- Policy details
- Building condition
To learn more about business liability coverage, obtener una cotización
today. We’re an insurance company that’s been helping businesses in Illinois get the policies they need at the right price for over 200 years.
What Does General Liability Insurance Cover in Illinois?
Commercial general liability insurance in Illinois helps cover:
- Bodily injury: If your customers get injured in your place of business, your GL policy can help cover their medical expenses.
- Reputational harm: GL policies help cover malicious prosecution, slander, libel, wrongful eviction and violating a person’s privacy.
- Advertising injury: Your general liability insurance policy can help cover claims of copyright infringement.
- Property damage: If your employees damage your customers property, your general liability insurance can help pay for the repairs.
- Damage to premises rented to you: General liability insurance can help cover damage to rented property from fire, lightning or explosions.
It’s also important to remember that general liability insurance doesn’t help cover:
What Professions Does General Liability Insure?
You may want to customize your general liability insurance depending on the industry your small business is in. Some common industries that benefit from general liability insurance in IL include:
- IT consulting
- Real estate
- Personal training
- Business consulting
Generally, if your small business offers professional services, it’s important to get a general liability insurance policy. Business insurance requirements also vary by state. In Illinois, small businesses need workers’ compensation insurance.
Why Choose The Hartford for Small Business Liability Insurance in Illinois?
Small business liability insurance is essential for protecting the company you’ve worked hard to build. To learn more, obtener una cotización
from us today. We offer:
- Flexible payment options
- Customized insurance plans
- Quality customer service
We’re an insurance company that’s helped small business owners get the coverage they need for over 200 years.
Last Updated: November 28, 2023
1 Small Business Administration (SBA), “2021 Small Business Profile.”
* Premium amounts presented are based on monthly premium paid by The Hartford’s Small Business customers between 1/1/22 and 9/14/23 for 12-month policies. Premium is derived from a number of factors specific to your business and may vary.
Divulgaciones adicionales a continuación.