Get Commercial General Liability Insurance in Florida
General liability insurance
is also known as business liability insurance and commercial general liability insurance. This insurance protects your small business from claims that it caused bodily injury or property damage. For example, if a customer slips and breaks their ankle in your coffee shop, general liability insurance can help cover their medical bills. Or if your landscaping employee damages a fence in a customer’s yard, your general liability insurance can help pay to repair it. Without a GL policy, you’d have to pay these costs out of pocket.
The state of Florida has 2.8 million small businesses that employ 3.6 million people.1
To keep your small business protected while operating in the state, you’ll want small business insurance, like general liability coverage.
The best way to find coverage is to compare multiple insurance quotes from different insurance companies. To learn more about general liability insurance in FL, get a quote online
today. On top of your GL policy, we can help you get different types of insurance, like commercial auto insurance or workers’ compensation coverage.
What Does General Liability Insurance Cover in Florida?
General liability insurance helps cover:
- Bodily injuries: If a customer gets injured at your property, your general liability insurance can help pay for their medical bills.
- Reputational harm: Your general liability policy can help cover malicious prosecution, slander, libel, wrongful eviction and violating a person’s privacy.
- Property damage: If you or your employees damage a customer’s property, your GL policy can help pay for the repairs.
- Damage to premises rented to you: If your rented property is damaged by fire, lightning or an explosion, your GL policy can help cover the repairs.
We can also help you get additional business insurance coverages to protect your business from financial losses. For example, professional liability insurance can help cover errors or omissions in your professional services. You may also want coverages like:
- Data breach insurance
- Commercial auto insurance
- Business income insurance
Is It Mandatory To Have General Liability Insurance in FL?
In Florida, general liability insurance isn’t required, but it is recommended. Without it, you’ll have to pay for claims of bodily injury and property damage out of pocket. However, workers’ compensation insurance and commercial auto insurance are required in the state. To learn more about the coverages you’ll need, obtener una cotización
How Much Is Liability Insurance for a Small Business in Florida?
Our customers paid an average of $905 annually, or about $75 a month, for business insurance coverage in Florida.*
There are factors that impact how much you’ll pay, including your:
- Number of employees
- Building condition
- Policy details like coverage limits and deductibles
- Insurance claims history
Get a Quote for Florida General Liability Insurance
Whether you work in financial services, retail or manufacturing, general liability insurance is an essential coverage for small businesses. It helps protect you from bodily injury and property damage claims. To learn more about small business general liability insurance in Florida, obtener una cotización
from us today. We can help customize your policy to fit your needs. You can count on us to provide insurance that protects your small business for years to come.
More About Florida Business Insurance
Last Updated: November 20, 2023
1 Small Business Administration (SBA), “2021 Small Business Profile Florida”
* Premium amounts presented are based on monthly premium paid by The Hartford's Small Business customers between 1/1/22 and 9/14/23 for 12-month policies. Premium is derived from a number of factors specific to your business and may vary.