Choose The Hartford for Your Rhode Island Business Insurance Needs
Rhode Island has almost 100,000 small businesses.1
In 2018, these businesses had over 224,000 employees, making up 98.9% of all the companies in the Ocean State.2
At The Hartford, we’re here to help keep these RI small businesses on the path to success, offering insurance options made for them. Whether your company is in Providence, Newport, Bristol or anywhere else in the state, we can help protect you with RI seguro de negocio
. Backed by over 200 years of experience, we know all small business owners have different insurance needs.
Types of Rhode Island Business Insurance Offered
Rhode Island Business Owner’s Policy Insurance
General liability insurance
helps protect your Rhode Island business from claims that you caused bodily injuries or property damage. General liability coverage can also help protect you from certain claims of libel or slander.
Commercial property insurance
helps protect the physical location of your business and the equipment you use. This coverage applies whether you own or rent your business property.
A BOP can be a good idea for your business if:
- You deal directly with customers.
- Your business has a physical location, such as your home or an office.
- You have business property that can get stolen or damaged, like furniture, cash and inventory.
Rhode Island Data Breach Insurance
Data breach insurance
helps protect your business if it loses personally identifiable information. This insurance can help cover your costs to:
- Notify affected customers or employees
- Run a public relations campaign
- Offer fraud monitoring services
You can buy cyber liability insurance as a standalone policy. Our Cyber Security Services team can help you follow your state’s data breach laws, manage cyber risks and take action if a cyber-attack occurs.
Rhode Island Professional Liability Insurance
Professional liability insurance
is also called errors and omissions (E&O) insurance. It helps protect your Rhode Island business if you’re found negligent in the professional services you provide. It’s always good to have professional liability insurance if you work with customers.
E&O insurance can help protect your business in many situations, including:
- Your interior designer uses materials for a job that weren’t agreed upon ahead of time
- One of your customers believes their decline in sales is due to a logo your graphic design firm created
- A staff member makes an error on a brochure and your client suffers a financial loss
These situations can have costly legal impacts for you and your business. But if you're sued for mistakes like these, professional liability insurance can help cover your legal costs.
Rhode Island Commercial Umbrella Insurance
Commercial umbrella insurance
gives your business extra liability coverage to help protect you from potentially disastrous claims, helping extend the limit of your primary insurance policies. That way, if an insurance claim exceeds your policy limit, this coverage can help cover the difference.
Without it, you may have to pay out of pocket for things that exceed your policy limits, such as damages, legal fees and medical bills.
A commercial umbrella insurance policy can help protect your business if:
- An advertising error results in a lawsuit against your company, and the legal fees and settlements exceed your primary business liability coverage limits.
- A customer falls in your office, gets injured and their medical costs exceed your general liability policy limits.
Rhode Island Minimum Business Insurance Requirements
There are some types of business insurance you need to have for your business, like el seguro de compensación para trabajadores
. Rhode Island’s workers’ compensation system is a form of no-fault insurance. It gives benefits to your employees if they get hurt or sick from their job.
In Rhode Island, businesses with one or more employees need to carry workers’ comp insurance, unless they’re exempt by law. You can get workers’ comp from private insurance carriers, like The Hartford.
Additional Rhode Island Business Insurance Links
Get a quote
on Small Business Insurance for your business today.
1,2 U.S. Small Business Administration, "2018 Small Business Profile: Rhode Island"