Do Car Insurance Premiums Go Down?
While seguro para autos
may seem costly, it is a necessary expense for drivers. And with a little research, you might be able to find an insurance company that offers great coverage while helping you save money. If you’ve been in an accident or have a young driver on your policy, you may be wondering “when does car insurance go down?” Although what you pay for car insurance depends on many factors, rates do drop in some circumstances.
How Often Does Car Insurance Go Down?
Su car insurance premium
is unique to you and is based on various factors, like where you live, what your credit score is and how your driving record has been. The amount of auto insurance coverage you purchase is also a factor. There are a few things that may help you save money on your car insurance rates, including:
At What Age Does Car Insurance Go Down?
Drivers under 25 years old typically pay more for car insurance because studies show that they cause more accidents.2
Because they represent a higher risk, you’ll likely see a premium increase when you add teen drivers to your policy. However, as a young driver gains experience, their car insurance rates may decrease, especially if they haven’t had any at-fault accidents.
But just because someone is under 25 doesn’t mean they need to pay a lot for auto insurance. Most insurance company offerings include descuentos en seguros para autos
for those under 25 who are full-time students. Drivers between 25 and 60 typically have the most affordable rates. However, even if you aren’t in that age group, we also offer special rates and discounts with the AARP® Auto Insurance
Program from The Hartford.1
How Much Does Your Car Insurance Amount Decrease When You Turn 25?
Once you turn 25, you can contact your insurance company to see if they can offer you lower car insurance rates. They may be able to reduce what you pay for car insurance now that you have more driving experience. Your car insurance premium will also depend on things like your credit score and where you live, but the biggest factor will be your driving record. For example, at The Hartford, we offer a safe driver discount to help our customers save money.
When Does Car Insurance Go Down After an Accident?
Since what you pay for car insurance is influenced by your driving history, you may be paying a higher rate if you’ve been in an at-fault accident. Claims, tickets or citations usually impact your insurance premium for three to five years. Specific premium increases will depend on your insurance company, the severity of the infraction and the state where you live. For example, if you are caught driving under the influence in California, you may have the DUI on your driving record for up to 10 years.
How to Get Your Car Insurance to Go Down
- Comparing car insurance quotes: Research insurance companies to see what they offer. Make sure your quotes are for a comparable amount of auto insurance coverage and that you’re being quoted for the coverage that meets your specific needs.
- Increasing your deductible: Raising the amount you pay out of pocket if you have a claim will reduce the amount you pay each month for your auto insurance premium.
- Bundling your home and auto insurance: If you have both your home and auto insurance with The Hartford, you’ll save up to 5% on your car coverage and 20% on your home policy.**
- Maintaining good credit: Your credit score is a factor in determining your premium rate. Having good credit history with a higher score can help you save.
- Being a safe driver: Follow traffic laws, obey speed limits and minimize distracted driving. Insurance companies reward drivers who have a clean driving history with cheaper rates.
- Taking advantage of other car insurance discounts: Among other things, completing defensive driving courses can help lower your auto insurance premiums.
Looking to Lower Your Car Insurance Premiums?
If you want to lower your car insurance rates, you need to find the right deals, discounts and benefits for your auto insurance coverage. To learn more about how The Hartford could help you save money, get a cotización de seguro para autos
online from us today or speak with a representative by calling 888-413-8970