Choose The Hartford for All Your Indiana Business Insurance Needs
Indiana has over 450,000 small businesses, making up nearly half of the businesses in the state. With 493,832 small businesses in Indiana, it is essential for Indiana small business owners to understand the seguro de negocio
requirements in their state.1
There are a number of different insurance offerings from The Hartford that can help you prepare for an accident that could take place, as well as reduce the risk impact. The Hartford has provided coverage for hundreds of businesses in Indiana for nearly 100 years. We can assist you in choosing the right insurance for your Indiana pequeña empresa
. Read on to learn more about the coverages offered.
Types of Indiana Business Insurance Coverages Offered
Indiana Business Owner’s Policy
Un Póliza para propietarios de empresas
(BOP) combines multiple insurance coverages into one convenient policy that helps protect your business in the event of theft, bodily injury, fire, as well as other covered disasters. A BOP typically will include commercial property insurance, general liability insurance, and business income insurance. With The Hartford, businesses have the opportunity to customize their business owner's policy to meet additional coverage needs including, data breach
coverage and professional liability
coverage. For example, a BOP policy with The Hartford can help protect you and your business in the event:
- A customer injures herself or damages her possessions while at your place of business.
- You find structural damage such as broken windows or a sunken roof due to fire, theft, or a natural disaster.
- Information or equipment such as customer data, computers, digital assets, or office supplies is stolen from your business.
Indiana Workers’ Compensation Insurance
Seguro de compensación para trabajadores
, also known as to as workers’ comp, is mandatory for businesses in the state of Indiana. Workers’ Comp helps protect small businesses from the costs of medical bills and legal fees that result from an employee getting injured or sick while on the job. It also help cover employees’ lost wages and medical bills that result from a workers’ comp claim. Some ways workers’ compensation insurance from The Hartford can benefit your Indiana business and employees include:
- Employees have access to The Hartford’s nationwide network of healthcare providers who specialize in treating workplace injuries.
- Employees have access to a nurse case manager who can assist them in coordinating treatment plans and rehabilitation.
Businesses that have their workers’ comp with The Hartford have access to a billing solution that bases premium payments on actual payroll, which can help your business manage cash flow and reduce audit surprises.
Indiana Business Income Insurance
Seguro para ingresos comerciales
can be very beneficial for a small business owner in Indiana. Business Income Insurance helps replace the income a business loses while they are unable to operate due to a covered loss. A business owner can’t always predict when damage from theft, fire, or other disasters will happen and halt their operation. The Hartford’s Póliza para propietarios de empresas
includes Business Income Insurance to help protect small businesses from significant loss of revenue and to assist the business in getting back in operating shape as fast as possible after a covered incident. Consider business income insurance with The Hartford for example, if:
- Your business could be broken into and result in damage to your equipment and other covered property
- Your business could suffer a fire that causes damage to your premises where you provide services or sell retail products.
- Your company relies on digital property that could be stolen or lost in a natural disaster.
Indiana Commercial Auto Insurance
Seguro comercial para automóviles
helps your business in cover the expenses resulting from an automobile accident if you or your employee is at fault. Consider commercial auto insurance for your business if you rent or lease vehicles, have employees who drive on behalf of your business in their own vehicle, or have employees who drive company-owned vehicles. The Hartford offers commercial auto insurance policies that can help protect your business and your employees in the event an accident results in medical costs, damaged property, and/or a fatality. Consider commercial auto insurance to protect your business in the case of the following for example:
- An employee rear-ends another car while driving on behalf of your company which results in totaling the other vehicle.
- Your employee slides on black ice while driving to the office and damages the company vehicle.
- An employee hits a pedestrian while returning to work from a delivery and the pedestrian requires treatment that results in significant medical bills.
Indiana Minimum Business Insurance Requirements
Learn More About Indiana Business Insurance
No matter where you live, we can help you with business insurance in Indiana.
Additional Indiana Business Insurance Links
Get a quote
on Small Business Insurance for your business today.