What Is an Insurance Declaration Page?
When you get seguro para autos
through the AARP®
Auto Insurance Program from The Hartford,1
you’ll get a packet that explains your policy and how it works. In that packet is a declaration page. You may be wondering, “What is an insurance declaration page?”
Your auto insurance declarations page, also called a dec page or information page, includes important information about your car insurance policy, such as:
- Insured drivers
- Make and model of covered cars
- Policy number
- Expiration date
- Coverage amounts and limits
- Insurance agent or company contact information
What Does an Auto Insurance Declaration Page Show?
Your auto insurance declaration page is where you’ll find key information about your policy. Think of this page of your insurance policy as a summary of your coverage. The declaration page includes details on your:
- Policy period: You’ll see when your coverage starts and when the policy will end. You may have a policy that’s effective for six months or a long-term policy that provides coverage for a year.
- Drivers: Your car insurance coverage helps protect insured drivers on your policy.
- Vehicles: The declaration page will detail the vehicle identification number, make, model and year of cars covered under your auto policy.
- Loss payees: This refers to the person on the policy who the insurance company will pay claims to.
- Premium: Your car insurance premium is another term for insurance cost. So your declaration page will tell you how much your auto insurance coverage costs for the policy period.
- Coverages: You’ll find details on the type of car insurance coverages that make up your auto insurance policy. This can include insurance coverages like bodily injury and property damage liability or personal injury protection.
- Limits: Coverage limits are the maximum amount your insurance company will pay for a loss.
- Deductibles: This is the amount you have to pay for claims before your coverage starts.
- Discounts: The declaration page will list descuentos en seguros para autos that you qualified for from your car insurance company, such as driver training discounts or bundling savings.
Be aware that your declaration page won’t include certain coverage details, like excluded drivers. And depending on your insurer, your declaration page may not include any endorsements you added to your auto insurance policy.
When Will I Need My Car Insurance Declaration Page?
You may need your car insurance declaration page if you’re buying a car and have to provide proof of insurance. You can also use your declaration page to help you compare car insurance quotes if you’re looking for a new insurer.
Where Can I Get an Insurance Declaration Page?
If you have coverage through the AARP Auto Insurance Program from The Hartford, you can contact The Hartford to request a declaration page:
Common Questions About Insurance Declaration Pages
What Does a Declaration Page for Insurance Look Like?
Depending on your coverage, an insurance declaration page can be one page or a couple of pages. It’ll include sections with bolded text telling you details about your policy.
Is a Declaration Page Proof of Insurance?
Yes, a declaration page is also known as a certificate of insurance
, or proof of insurance. That’s because you wouldn’t have a declaration page if you didn’t have insurance coverage.
Insurance Declaration Pages for Other Policies From The Hartford
Insurance declaration pages aren’t just for car insurance. You’ll get a declaration page for other types of insurance, such as:
A homeowners insurance declaration page, as well as other insurance declaration pages, will include the same type of policy information that you can find on your car insurance information page.
Get a Car Insurance Quote Today
The Hartford is here to help protect you and your loved ones on the road. With the AARP Auto Insurance Program from The Hartford, you can enjoy coverage that you can customize to fit your needs, as well as discounts for cost savings. Whether you need a copy of your auto insurance declaration page or help filing a claim, we’ve got your back. Obtenga una cotización de seguro para autos
Última actualización: 21 de septiembre de 2023
Divulgaciones adicionales a continuación.