If you or your employees drive company-owned cars for business, el seguro comercial para automóviles
is essential. This type of small business auto insurance helps cover business owners and their employees while they’re out on the road. Learn how we can help protect your business by calling The Hartford today at 855-860-9763
to get a commercial auto insurance quote.
What Is Commercial Auto Insurance for Small Business?
Commercial auto insurance is designed to help cover property damage and medical expenses if you or your employees are involved in an accident while driving a commercial vehicle for business. It also offers liability coverage to help cover legal costs if a lawsuit is brought against you or an employee. Commercial auto insurance is different from personal auto insurance. Commercial policies only cover company-owned cars, while personal policies cover cars used for personal reasons.
Types of vehicles covered under small business auto insurance typically include:
If your company uses a box truck to transport materials for business, box truck insurance
can help you stay protected on the road.
Vans are typically covered under commercial auto insurance policies. For example, if your bakery uses cargo vans to transport products or make deliveries, you’ll be protected with cargo van insurance
Why Is Commercial Auto Insurance Important for Small Businesses?
Commercial auto insurance is important to have if you use company-owned vehicles for your business. Without it, you’ll have to pay any property damage, liability or medical costs out of pocket if you or an employee gets into a car accident.
What Is Covered Under Small Business Commercial Auto Insurance?
Typically, commercial auto coverage includes:
- Bodily injury liability coverage to help pay for medical expenses if you or an employee causes an accident that injures another driver.
- Property damage liability coverage, which helps cover physical damage to someone else’s property.
- Collision coverage to help to repair or replace your company car if it hits another vehicle or object.
- Comprehensive coverage, which covers non-collision events like natural disasters, theft or vandalism.
- Medical payments coverage to help pay for medical bills if you or an employee gets injured in an accident.
- Uninsured/underinsured motorist coverage to help protect you if you’re involved in an accident with a driver who doesn’t have insurance or enough insurance to cover damages.
- Rental car coverage, which provides commercial auto liability coverage if you or an employee drives a rental car for business.
- Personal Injury Protection (PIP) to help cover damages no matter who caused the accident.
- Hired and non-owned auto insurance, which helps protect you if you rent, lease or borrow a car for your business.
Cost of Small Business Vehicle Insurance
Factors that influence the cost of small business auto insurance include:
- Type of business
- Type of company-owned vehicle
- Coverage amounts
- Driving records, including those of your employees
Your commercial auto insurance cost is unique to you. The best way to find out how much you’ll pay for insurance is to get a quote.
Get Started With The Hartford
The Hartford is an insurance company with 200 years of experience protecting small business owners. You can count on us to be there for you and your company when you need us most. Our specialists can help you find the right types of coverage for your business. Llame al 855-860-9763
to get a free commercial auto insurance quote from The Hartford today.
Última actualización: 19 de septiembre de 2023
Divulgaciones adicionales a continuación.