Get a Quote for Commercial Insurance in Reno, NV
Nicknamed “The Biggest Little City in the World,” Reno is home to almost 29,000 businesses.1
The city is taking the lead as one of the nation’s pioneers in clean energy and emerging high-tech industries.2
Recently, Reno was recognized as the country’s “most consistent standout” for startup companies.3
Whether you’re already a business owner or are planning to start one, it’s essential to get seguro de negocio
in Reno, NV.
We know that small businesses face unique risks in Nevada. Our specialists can work with you to get the right insurance coverage for your business. The best way to find out the right amount of coverage for your Reno, Nevada business is to obtener una cotización
Types of Reno Business Insurance Coverage
Small businesses in Reno, Nevada may need different types of business insurance to stay protected from costly claims that could come up during normal operations. Many businesses start with a Business Owner’s Policy (BOP)
, which combines business property and business liability insurance into one.
Other types of business insurance your Reno, Nevada business may need include:
- Seguro general contra terceros, also known as commercial general liability insurance, which helps protect your business and its assets if your business is involved in claims of negligence, bodily injury, libel and slander or property damage. Without this liability coverage, you’d have to pay for these lawsuits out of pocket.
- Seguro de propiedades comerciales, also called business property insurance, helps protect your owned or rented building, plus the tools and equipment you use to operate.
- Seguro de compensación para trabajadores gives your employees benefits to help them recover from a work-related injury or illness.
- Seguro de responsabilidad profesional, also called errors and omissions insurance, may help cover your legal costs if your business gets sued. This liability coverage could help protect your business if a customer claims that you were negligent in the professional services you provided.
- Seguro para la pérdida de datos, also known as cyber liability insurance, can help protect your business in technology-related risks such as hacking, data breaches and cyber-attacks.
- Seguro para ingresos comerciales can help replace lost income if you can’t operate your business because of covered property damage.
Does Reno, Nevada Require Business Insurance?
While it varies by state, Nevada requires businesses to have certain types of business insurance in Reno. So, your Reno, Nevada business will need to have el seguro de compensación para trabajadores
as required by state law for employers with at least one part-or full-time employee. And if your Reno business owns any vehicles that you or your employees drive for business purposes, you will need to have el seguro comercial para automóviles
, too. Requirements for these coverages will vary by state, so be sure to check with your local laws.
How Much Does Liability Insurance in Reno Cost?
Business insurance costs
can vary in the Silver State because each business is unique and has different needs. Our customers paid an average of $1,031 annually, or about $86 a month, for business insurance coverage in Nevada. For workers’ compensation insurance, customers in Nevada paid an average of $906 annually, or about $75 a month.4
Insurance companies use numerous different factors to determine costs, including:
- Claims history
- Type of coverage
The best way to find out your business insurance cost in Reno is to get an online quote
. You can also use your local insurance agency
to get a quote.
Get a Quote for Reno Business Insurance
We make it easy for you to obtener una cotización
in Reno, Nevada. With a few clicks, small businesses can get a free quote for the coverage they need in just a few minutes.
Additional Business Insurance in Nevada
Somos una compañía de seguro que tiene el respaldo de más de 200 años de experiencia. Our specialists have the expertise and knowledge to understand the unique risks that Reno small businesses face. So, whether you have questions about business insurance or need help with a claim, we’ve got your back.
Last Updated: November 16, 2023
1 Chamber of Commerce, “Reno Chamber of Commerce.”
2,3 City of Reno, “Reno’s Economy.”
4 Premium amounts presented are based on monthly premium paid by The Hartford's Small Business customers between 1/1/22 and 9/14/23 for 12-month policies. Premium is derived from a number of factors specific to your business and may vary.
Divulgaciones adicionales a continuación.