Get a Quote To Protect Your Chicago Business Today
Chicago has almost 100,000 businesses in the city, spanning industries like retail, restaurants and manufacturing.1
To make sure your small business is protected, you’ll want the right small business insurance in Chicago, IL. Generally, small businesses benefit from general liability insurance and workers’ compensation policies, but there are a variety of coverages to choose from.
What Does Small Business Insurance in Chicago Cover?
There are many different types of coverages you may need, including:
- General liability insurance to help protect your business from claims of bodily injury and property damage that come up during normal business operations.
- Illinois workers’ compensation insurance, also known as workers’ comp, can help provide important benefits to employees with a work-related injury or illness.
- Commercial property insurance to help protect your business’ owned or rented building, tools, equipment and inventory that you use to operate.
- Professional liability insurance to help cover errors and omissions in the products or professional services small businesses provide.
- Business Owner’s Policy (BOP), which combines business liability and property insurance into one convenient policy. Business owners often save money when these are combined.
- Data breach insurance to help pay for notifying impacted customers, patients or employees. It also helps cover the cost of a public relations firm if your small business is hacked.
- Commercial auto insurance, which can help protect your business’ vehicles if you or your employees are in an accident while driving a work vehicle. This policy is separate from your personal auto insurance.
To learn more about the business insurance coverages you need, obtener una cotización
from us today. We can also help you get a certificate of insurance. This is important for showing clients the coverages you have. In fact, many clients and customers require this before they work with small businesses.
How Much Does Chicago Business Insurance Cost?
The cost of business insurance in Chicago varies depending on your industry and operation. Our customers paid an average of $946 annually, or about $79 a month, for business insurance coverage in Illinois. For workers' compensation insurance, customers in Illinois paid an average of $1,062 annually, or about $88 a month.2 Factors that can influence how much you’ll pay include your:
- Number of employees
- Límites de la cobertura
Is Business Insurance Required in Chicago, Illinois?
In the city of Chicago, small businesses need workers’ compensation insurance. This coverage helps provide important benefits to employees with a work-related injury or illness. The state of Illinois also requires small businesses to carry unemployment and disability insurance for certain employees.
Get a Quote for Business Insurance in Chicago, IL
We’re an insurance company you can count on to help you get the liability coverages you need at the right price. Whether you’re looking for general liability coverage, workers’ compensation insurance, data breach coverage or all of the above, we can help. To learn more, obtener una cotización
from us today. We’re dedicated to providing quality customer service and products that you can count on to have your small business’ back.
Last Updated: November 16, 2023
1 Chicago.gov, “Existing Businesses”
2 Premium amounts presented are based on monthly premium paid by The Hartford's Small Business customers between 1/1/22 and 9/14/23 for 12-month policies. Premium is derived from a number of factors specific to your business and may vary.
Divulgaciones adicionales a continuación.