Protect Your Home With Homeowners Insurance in Washington State
Whether you’ve recently moved to the Evergreen State or just want to compare quotes for Washington homeowners insurance, the AARP® Seguro de vivienda
Program from The Hartford offers insurance options to meet your needs.1
From Tacoma to Spokane and Yakima to Seattle, having the right insurance coverage protects your home and belongings from the unexpected.
We’ve been protecting AARP members since 1984 and have earned a reputation for integrity and trust, as well as high customer ratings for claims services. We make it easy to obtener una cotización
online in minutes for homeowners insurance in Washington State.
Is Homeowners Insurance Required in Washington State?
If you own a home and have a mortgage, your lender will require you to have insurance coverage. Even if you don’t owe money on a home loan, it’s still smart to have homeowners insurance. Your insurance coverage not only protects you if your home is damaged, but it can also help cover defense costs and medical payments if someone who doesn’t live with you is injured on your property.
Washington Homeowners Insurance Coverages
The Hartford offers several insurance options for residents of Washington State. Your home insurance rates will depend on the insurance products you choose. Four basic types of homeowners insurance coverage are:
- Dwelling insurance: Helps protect not only your home, but also the structures attached to it. This also includes your home’s internal systems like wiring, plumbing, heating and air conditioning.
- Other structures coverage: This will protect other structures that are not directly attached to your home. For example, if your detached garage or shed is damaged, this type of coverage can help with repair costs.
- La cobertura de propiedad personal: In the event of a loss, you want to be sure that the items inside your home are also protected. This type of insurance covers personal belongings like furniture, clothing and appliances. You also have the option to add cobertura adicional para artículos valiosos for any expensive items you have such as jewelry, artwork or collectibles.
- Personal liability insurance: If someone who does not live in your house is injured on your property and you’re sued, this coverage can help with legal costs. For example, if a delivery person slips on your stairs, personal liability insurance can help make sure you are protected and don’t have to pay out-of-pocket expenses for legal representation. This coverage can also protect you if you’re found responsible for injuring someone or damaging their property while you are away from your home.
Choosing the right amount of coverage is important to protect your home. In the event you have to file a claim for a total loss, you’ll need enough coverage to rebuild your home. This amount is known as the replacement cost and includes the price of the materials and labor needed to rebuild your home. It can also help pay to clean-up debris on your property after a loss.
How Much Does Homeowners Insurance Cost in Washington?
Según la Insurance Information Institute
the national average for home insurance premiums is about $1,211. The average annual cost of Washington homeowners insurance is around $854 per year and Washington State ranks 44th in the nation for home insurance rates
Homeowners insurance companies will customize your insurance premium based on several factors, including:
- Your home’s size
- The location of your home. For instance, your homeowners insurance cost in Seattle will vary from the cost of home insurance in Tacoma, WA.
- What coverages you purchase
- Homeowners insurance discounts you’re eligible for: The Hartford offers many ways for you to reduce your insurance premium. We offer retiree credits if you work less than 24 hours a week and discounts for installing simple safety devices. You can also get our auto and home insurance bundle and save up to 5% on car insurance and 20% on home insurance.
Get a Free Home Insurance Quote in WA
No matter where you live Washington, you can count on us to be there when you need us. We cover customers with homes throughout the state, including Vancouver, Bellevue, Kent, Everett and everywhere in between. Discover all that our homeowners insurance in Washington State has to offer with the AARP® Seguro de vivienda
Program from The Hartford. Our representatives can help you decide on coverage options to help protect your home and personal property. Get a quote
online for Washington homeowners insurance or call us at 800-409-0638
to speak to a representative.
2 Insurance Information Institute (III), “Facts + Statistics: Homeowners and Renters Insurance”