Homeowners Insurance in AZ
Living in Arizona, you know the weather can go from extremely hot to considerably cold. Depending on where you live, weather in the Grand Canyon State can cause:
- Dust storms
The desert climate comes with beautiful views but living in Arizona can also come with harsh weather that causes wear and tear on your home. The Hartford knows what Arizona homeowners must deal with throughout the year – from powerful haboobs to extreme heat. So, whether a dust storm knocks a tree onto your garage or the summer sun causes your shingles to crack and break, you can count on the AARP® Homeowners Insurance Program from The Hartford1 to have you covered.
It doesn’t matter where you live throughout the state. Whether you’re in Phoenix, Tucson, Scottsdale, Mesa, Chandler or anywhere in between, we can help you protect your home in Arizona with seguro de viviendas
that has your back.
Arizona Homeowners Insurance Coverage Types
At The Hartford, we offer a wide range of coverages. Here’s what our standard coverage typically includes:
- La cobertura de vivienda helps protect your Arizona home and the structures directly attached to it. This can include your roof, walls, flooring, heating and air conditioning.
- La cobertura de propiedad personal helps cover your belongings in your home. Personal property coverage can help pay to repair or replace items like furniture, clothing and jewelry.
- La cobertura por responsabilidad civil helps cover the costs of your legal defense against a liability claim or lawsuit, plus other costs you may be responsible to pay for. For example, if your dog bites a guest in your home, this coverage can help cover their hospital bills.
- Other structures coverage helps protect structures not directly attached to your home such as garages, gazebos, sheds or swimming pools.
- Loss of use helps cover your living expenses if you can’t stay in your home. For example, if you have a kitchen fire and need to stay at a hotel, this coverage can help cover your bill, up to your policy limit.
- Medical payments coverage helps pay a person’s medical bills, up to your policy limit, if they’re injured on your property. It doesn’t matter if you’re legally responsible or not. For example, if your neighbor slips and falls on your back porch, this coverage can help pay for their treatment costs.2
- Additional Limits coverage helps cover your costs if your dwelling coverage limit isn't enough to rebuild your home after a total loss. It provides extra coverage up to 125% of your dwelling coverage limit. In some states, additional coverage up to 150% is also available.
Is AZ Homeowners Insurance Required by Law?
Homeowners insurance isn’t usually required by law in Arizona, but you may need it if you financed your home with a mortgage. Even if you’re not required to have it, getting an Arizona homeowners insurance policy is a good idea.
More Arizona Homeowners Insurance Coverages
You know your home best. That’s why we make it easy to customize your homeowners insurance coverage to address your specific needs. Protect your property even more from damages by adding any of these additional coverages:
- Homeowners equipment breakdown coverage helps cover mechanical or electrical breakdowns of your appliances and even provides coverage if you want to make “green” upgrades. It pays up to 125% of your cost to replace any covered equipment with items that are similar, but more energy efficient or environmentally friendly. However, it does not help cover normal wear and tear.
- Cobertura de artículos valiosos coverage ensures you have the coverage you need for lost, damaged or stolen valuables, including jewelry, fine art, golf equipment and many other items.
- Enhanced personal injury liability coverage helps protect you against libel or slander claims.
- Identity fraud expense coverage pays for out-of-pocket expenses to help you recover from fraud.
- Lock replacement reimbursement covers up to $500 with a $100 deductible if your keys are stolen or lost.
- Disappearing Property Deductible‡‡ lowers your deductible each year if you go three consecutive years without filing a claim.
Homeowners insurance doesn’t typically cover flood damage, so you’ll need a separate seguro contra inundaciones
policy to help make sure you’re protected.
What Is the Average Cost of Homeowner Insurance in Arizona?
Arizona has been ranked as the 46th most expensive state in the country in terms of homeowners insurance costs. According to the Insurance Information Institute (III), the average cost of a homeowners insurance premium in AZ is $850, while the national average is $1,272.3
Insurance companies determine homeowners insurance rates based on several factors, such as:
When determining your homeowners insurance rate, your insurance company will factor in the replacement cost to rebuild your home after it’s destroyed by a covered loss. This amount is influenced by labor and construction costs in your area. The higher these building costs are, the higher your homeowners insurance rate may be.
Your Home’s Size
The size of your home can affect your homeowners insurance rate, because the larger your home is, the more it may cost to rebuild it if it’s destroyed after a covered event.
If you live in a state that’s more susceptible to natural disasters, you may pay a higher homeowners insurance cost.
You’ll likely pay a lower rate if you remain claim-free on your homeowners insurance policy.
Arizona Home Insurance Discounts
There are many ways to save on your homeowners insurance in Arizona. At The Hartford, we offer homeowners insurance discounts
to help lower your premiums.
Bundled Insurance Discount
If you have seguro para autos
through The Hartford, you can bundle it with your home insurance policy to qualify for a discount.** This can help you save up to 5% on your car insurance and up to 20% on your home insurance.
At The Hartford, we believe you deserve to be rewarded for protecting your home. That’s why installing burglar alarms or fire sprinkler systems can help lower your premium.
Get a Fast and Free Quote for Arizona Home Insurance From The Hartford
To find out how much you can save, speak with one of our specialists today. Our team has worked with Arizona homeowners for years. We’re here to help protect your Arizona home with the right coverage at the right price. Start today by getting your cotización de seguro de viviendas
online, or call us at 877-422-2345
Última actualización: 16 de junio de 2023
2 Medical payments are calculated on the basis of usual, customary, and reasonable charges.
3 Insurance Information Institute (III), “Facts + Statistics: Homeowners and renters insurance”