Specialized Property and Liability Coverage for Educational Institutions
Today’s educators face more risks than ever before. That’s why we offer specialized coverages to help protect your school, educators and staff.
We can help you reduce the risks that keep you up at night with our broad-range of product offerings, including:
General Liability Choice® to help protect your school’s assets in lawsuits over negligence, personal injury, libel or slander. If you add an Educators or College Educators endorsement, it can help cover:
- Medical malpractice
- Medical payments for injured students and student athletes
- Unexpected events that happen during international travel
Our Educator’s Professional Choice,® a modular policy that makes it easy to put together the right coverages at the right price. Some coverages you can add to this policy include:
- Directors, officers and entity liability (D&O) insurance to help protect your school’s directors’ and officers’ personal assets. This coverage can help protect them if they get sued for actions related to their job performance, like breach of duty, neglect, error, omission or misstatement.
- Educators’ errors and omissions (E&O) insurance to help cover costs if your school gets sued for failing to deliver or adequately perform education-related functions.
- Employment practices liability (EPL) coverage, which helps cover claims of discrimination, breach of employment contract, sexual harassment and other employment-related wrongful acts. This coverage can also help protect your institution from claims that it failed to grant tenure.
Sexual abuse and molestation coverage, which gives an optional general liability endorsement to help cover claims of negligence related to sexual abuse or molestation.
offers valuable optional additional coverages such as:
- Athletic Equipment – Away From Premises
- Athletic/Band Uniforms and Wardrobe – Away From Premises
- Audio and Visual Equipment – Away From Premises
- Emergency Evacuation Expenses
- Fundraising Expense Reimbursement
- Musical Instruments and Theatrical Sets or Scenery – Away From Premises
- Student, Patient and Resident Relocation and Move-Back Expenses
- Students' Personal Property
Workers’ compensation insurance
to help your teachers and staff recover from a work-related injury or illness. Our programs can even help your employees get back to work faster.
Commercial auto insurance to help protect you and your employees on the road if you use school-owned cars for business purposes.
Crisis event coverage can help your school respond to tragic or violent acts that occur on campus. It can help pay for counseling, communication and other post-crisis costs.
Umbrella coverage to help increase your school’s protection if a covered claim exceeds the limits of your primary liability coverage. We offer this coverage worldwide.
, which helps protect your school from losses and claims in over 200 foreign countries.
Even if you don’t have a location outside the US or employees traveling abroad, this coverage is important because regular business insurance policies may not cover claims in foreign countries.