Shape the Future – Then Protect It
Educators and school administrators help shape the future for the next generation. That’s why The Hartford is committed to helping them build customized employee benefit plans tailored to their unique needs.
We Make Complex Plans Feel Easy
Since 1964, The Hartford has offered educational institutions among the most flexible group benefit plans available – including an array of product features that can be customized to meet the special needs of educational employees in elementary, secondary and higher learning institutions. Today, we enjoy partnering with nearly 1,800 educational institutions nationwide. Nuestros servicios incluyen:
- More than 225 colleges and universities
- 450+ public school districts, boards of education, and charter schools
- Hundreds of private schools, each with customized contracts that our plans accommodate with ease
We Let Our Products Do the Talking
We offer one of the most comprehensive portfolios of products for elementary, secondary and higher education teachers and administrators, including:
- Group Disability – includes Short-term and Long-term Disability
- Group Life & Accident – includes Life Insurance, Accidental Death and Dismemberment and Travel Accident Insurance
- Voluntary Benefits – includes both Short-term and Long-term Disability, Life Insurance, DisabilityFLEX,℠ Critical Illness,* Accident Insurance, and Accidental Death and Dismemberment coverage
- Group Retiree Health – offers flexible plans that can help supplement Medicare coverage
No matter what coverages a school selects, here’s what they can expect from The Hartford:
- A flexible definition of earnings. We can accommodate the earnings teachers often receive from extra-curricular activities.
- A customized definition of eligibility. We write policies to ensure that academic employees are covered year-round.
- An understanding of collective bargaining agreements. The Hartford has the experience to work within any school’s legal obligations – no matter how complex they are.
- Billing and claims, timed to your schedule. We can arrange billing and payment schedules around academic calendars.
- Correct pricing and offsets for retirement plans. We are experienced in coordinating with Public Employees’ Retirement Systems and State Teachers’ Retirement Systems.
5759b NS 10/18
* THIS POLICY PROVIDES LIMITED BENEFITS FOR SPECIFIED DISEASES ONLY. Este plan de beneficios de salud limitado (1) no constituye una cobertura médica principal, y (2) no satisface el mandato individual de la Ley de Atención Asequible (ACA) ya que la cobertura no cumple con los requisitos de una cobertura esencial mínima. In New York: This policy provides limited benefits health insurance only. It does NOT provide basic hospital, basic medical or major medical insurance as defined by the New York State Department of Financial Services.
Accident Form Series includes GBD-1000, GBD-1300, GBD-2000, GBD, 2300. Critical Illness Form Series includes GBD-2600, GBD-2700. Disability Form Series includes GBD-1000, GBD-1200. Life Form Series includes GBD-1000, GBD-1100. Hospital Income Plan Form Series includes GBD-2800, GBD-2900. Group Retiree Health Form Series includes GBD-2400, GBD-2500.