We Make Complex Plans Feel Easy
Since 1964, The Hartford has offered educational institutions some of the most flexible group benefit plans available in the marketplace. Our product features can be customized to meet the unique needs of educational employees in elementary, secondary and higher learning institutions. Today, we enjoy partnering with more than 2,300 employers in the education industry nationwide, including:
- More than 200 institutes of higher education
- 1,300 K-12 public school districts, boards of education and charter schools
We Let Our Products Do the Talking
We offer one of the most comprehensive portfolios of products for elementary, secondary and higher education teachers, administrators and school staff, including:
- Group Disability – includes Short-term and Long-term Disability
- Group Life & Accident – includes Life Insurance, Accidental Death and Dismemberment and Travel Accident Insurance
- Voluntary Benefits – includes both Short-term and Long-term Disability, Life Insurance, DisabilityFLEX,SM Critical Illness,* Accident Insurance and Accidental Death and Dismemberment coverage
- Group Retiree Health – offers flexible plans that can help supplement Medicare coverage
Years of Experience Have Taught Us Well
When schools select coverage with us, they can expect to partner with a company that understands the unique employee benefit needs of the academic industry.
- A flexible definition of earnings – we can accommodate the earnings teachers often receive from extra-curricular activities.
- A customized definition of eligibility – we write policies that cover academic employees year-round.
- Knowledge of collective bargaining agreements – we have the experience to work within any school’s legal obligations, no matter how complex.
- Billing and claims timed to your schedule – we can arrange billing and payment schedules around academic calendars.
- Correct pricing and offsets for retirement plans – we can coordinate with both Public Employees’ Retirement Systems and State Teachers’ Retirement Systems.