Getting the Right Home Insurance in Massachusetts
Living in Massachusetts means you get to enjoy warm summers and colorful falls. But, the Bay State can also see its share of harsh winters with frigid temperatures and heavy snowfall. In fact, a March 2019 snow storm covered some cities and towns with over a foot of snow.2
With cold temperatures making frozen pipes a possibility, it’s important you help protect your home with Massachusetts seguro de viviendas
What Does MA Home Insurance Cover?
Your MA home insurance helps protect your home and personal property from various risks, such as:
It helps cover your repair or replacement costs if your home or property gets damaged in a covered loss. Without home insurance coverage, you’d have to pay out of pocket to fix or replace your property.
Home insurance policies vary between insurance companies. With our Massachusetts homeowners insurance policy, you’ll get these coverages:
Helps protect your home and the structures directly attached to it, such as your floors or attached garage.
Other structures: Helps cover property not attached to your house, like your detached garage, shed or fence.
Helps protect your belongings, including furniture, appliances and clothing. If you have valuables, like jewelry or rare items, you can purchase additional coverage to protect them.
Loss of use: This can help cover your living expenses up to your policy limits if you can’t live in your home due to a covered loss.
Helps pay your legal costs if someone files a liability claim against you. It can also help cover court judgments or losses, up to your policy limits.
Medical payments: If someone gets hurt on your property, this can help cover their treatment costs.
How Much Does MA Homeowners Insurance Cost?
According to the Insurance Information Institute, the average MA homeowners insurance rate in 2017 was $1,488. Your specific cost for home insurance in Massachusetts depends on several factors, such as:
- Building costs in your area
- Size of your house
- Likelihood of disasters, such as tornadoes
- Policy details
Home insurance companies look at these factors when determining your insurance premium. If your home is near the coast, you may pay a higher rate because there’s a higher exposure to hurricanes.
Damages from floods aren’t covered by your homeowners policy, however. So, you’ll want to add flood insurance to protect yourself, which can increase your total MA home insurance cost.
For home insurance, Massachusetts residents may be able to save money through different discounts. For example, you may be eligible for a discount if you install devices to make your home safer, like burglar alarms.
Extra Coverage for MA Homeowners Insurance Policies
Every homeowner is different, so you may need to add more coverage to your Massachusetts homeowners insurance policy. Fortunately, it’s easy to get more protection with The Hartford.
We offer packages that bundle valuable coverages to further protect your home.
Home Advantage Package gives you extra protection above your base policy. It comes with:
- “New for Old” Protection‡ to give you the actual cost to replace destroyed possessions with brand new ones of the same quality.
- Personal injury liability coverage, which helps cover damages from a libel or slander claim.
- Reimbursement for replacing locks if you lose your keys and need to install new locks.
- Identity fraud expense coverage to help cover your out-of-pocket expenses up to $25,000 to assist in recovering after fraud or identity theft.
- Home Advantage Plus Package includes every feature listed above and also adds:
- Disappearing Property Deductible,‡‡ which reduces your deductible by $50 for every three years you go without having an insurance loss.
- Homeowners equipment breakdown coverage to help cover your costs to repair or replace appliances and electronics. This does not help cover normal wear and tear.
- Increased fraud expense coverage, which helps cover up to $50,000 of your out-of-pocket expenses after fraud or identity theft.
Get a Massachusetts Homeowners Insurance Quote From The Hartford
When you’re looking for Massachusetts homeowners insurance, you’ll want to work with an insurance company that’s experienced. At The Hartford, we’ve been doing this for centuries. Our team consistently receives high customer service ratings and can help you through the insurance claims process.* This means you’ll get expert help at every step of the way.
Obtenga una home insurance quote
or call 888-413-8970
and speak with one of our specialists to learn how you can start protecting your home in the Bay State today.
‡ Some benefits such as Reimbursement for Lock Replacement are only available with the Optional Home Advantage Plus package. También hay disponible una póliza sin estos beneficios adicionales.