This program is designed to decrease the learning curve and enhance the performance of new personal lines staff, enabling them to differentiate themselves in the marketplace and increase revenue production.
This training provides an in-depth understanding of the personal insurance market, coverages, underwriting, pricing and marketing practices. Participants will discover successful techniques and methods for attracting new prospects and retaining clients while building a profitable book.
Coverage Topics Include:
- Personal Automobile
- Propietarios de viviendas
- Personal Umbrella
Who is this program for?
New Producers or Account Managers who will be responsible for acquiring Personal Lines business in agencies or brokerage firms.
Through this one-week virtual training session, students receive comprehensive and in-depth education to help gain confidence by developing successful sales and service techniques that assist in attracting new prospects and retaining existing clients.
Upon completion of this program, students should be able to:
- Employ a consultative approach to recognize a client’s potential exposure to loss
- Analyze insurance contracts, identify key exclusions, and recognize coverage gaps
- Select endorsements tailored to a client’s needs
- Differentiate between carrier pricing programs to ensure customers receive the best value
- Recommend insurance solutions customized to a client’s personal exposures
Virtual Delivery Details
Hartford School of Insurance virtual training programs are live, instructor-led courses that are delivered through an online/virtual format via the Internet. These courses provide comprehensive and interactive instruction while encouraging participation and engagement. The program incorporates activities, application sharing and an online chat feature to connect with the instructor and other students. Participation in the one-week virtual phase is a full day commitment and require students to give 100% of their daily focus and time for the duration of the program.
Students must attend both daily sessions:
Daily Morning Session: 11:00am - 1:00pm ET; 10:00 - 12:00pm CT; 8:00 - 10:00am PT
Daily Afternoon Session: 2:30 - 4:30pm ET; 1:30 - 3:30pm CT; 11:30am - 1:30pm PT
Sessions are hosted by Adobe Connect. To test your system requirements and compatibility prior to your session, use the System Check Tool
For additional questions or guidance about this program, please contact one of our Sales Consultants at (800) 772-0208.
Tuition: $1,295 and includes all training materials.
Your pre-work course material will be mailed to you 30 days prior to the start of live instruction. Note: Your pre-work will not be sent unless your tuition is paid in full.
Tuition can be paid using Master Card, Visa, American Express or check.
Personal Lines Coverage Specialist (PLCS) Designation
Students earning the PLCS designation have demonstrated extensive knowledge in a critical functional area of property and casualty insurance practice insurance policy coverage and will have applied that knowledge in real-life case study exercises.
Students must complete the class components of the Program with a grade of 70% or better on the exam.
Haga Clic to view the PLCS Professional Designation Flyer
Continuing Education Credits
This virtual program is not filed for continuing education (CE) credit
Have a CE question? Call our Training Coordination service team at (800) 772-0208.
- Cancellations received more than 30 days prior to start of the program will receive a full refund.
- No refunds will be issued for cancellations received less than 30 days prior to the start of the program.
- Students will be given one opportunity to transfer to another session, preferably within the same calendar year.
- Refunds are not available for transferred programs.