The course combines industry and product knowledge with an integrated, hands-on approach to selling and servicing benefits programs. It is designed to provide professionals who are new to employee benefits with the knowledge, skills and confidence required to be successful in the field.
Coverage topics include:
- Group Medical Insurance
- Seguro Odontológico
- Vision Insurance
- Seguro de vida
- Seguro por incapacidad
Who is this program for?
New Producers and Account Managers who need solid foundational insurance training in the Employee Benefits marketplace.
Through a live, highly interactive program, group activities, and structured feedback sessions, attendees will gain extensive knowledge of the various benefits products sold in the market. Case studies and role plays will ensure that new benefits professionals will effectively position and differentiate themselves.
Upon completion of this program, students should be able to:
- Explain the foundations of group benefits and the market conditions that drive the business
- Apply consultative sales skills to sales and service situations for optimal business outcomes
- Explain the basic concepts of the medical insurance market, health plan types and funding arrangements
- Discuss the concepts behind vision, retiree medical and other specialized medical products
- Summarize the basic provisions, funding mechanisms and plan types of the group dental market
- Explain group life market trends, benefits available and the policy provisions included in group life products
- Distinguish between the various contract provisions and market trends in group disability
- Develop effective carrier relationships and optimize group benefits business potential
Virtual Delivery Details
Hartford School of Insurance virtual training programs are live, instructor-led courses that are delivered through an online/virtual format via the Internet. These courses provide comprehensive and interactive instruction while encouraging participation and engagement. The program incorporates activities, application sharing and an online chat feature to connect with the instructor and other students. Participation in the three-and-a-half-day virtual phase is a full day commitment and require students to give 100% of their daily focus and time for the duration of the program.
Students must attend both daily sessions:
Daily Morning Session: 11:00am - 1:00pm ET; 10:00 - 12:00pm CT; 8:00 - 10:00am PT
Daily Afternoon Session: 2:30 - 4:30pm ET; 1:30 - 3:30pm CT; 11:30am - 1:30pm PT
Sessions are hosted by Adobe Connect. To test your system requirements and compatibility prior to your session, use the System Check Tool
For additional questions or guidance about this program, please contact one of our Sales Consultants at (800) 772-0208.
Tuition: $1,295 (plus state tax) and includes all training materials.
Tuition can be paid using Master Card, Visa, American Express, or check.
If your primary work location is in Connecticut, Hawaii, New Mexico, South Dakota or West Virginia you are required to pay state tax on non-continuing education courses.
Continuing Education Credits
This virtual program is not filed for continuing education (CE) credit
Have a CE question? Call our Training Coordination service team at (800) 772-0208.
- Cancellations received more than 30 days prior to start of the program will receive a full refund.
- No refunds will be issued for cancellations received less than 30 days prior to the start of the program.
- Students will be given one opportunity to transfer to another session, preferably within the same calendar year.
- Refunds are not available for transferred programs.