This program offers best practices, marketing techniques, helpful tools and sales aides to help maximize your career. Students will gain the opportunity to position themselves in the marketplace as knowledgeable and experienced professionals.
Coverage topics include:
- Short Term Disability Insurance
- Long Term Disability Insurance
- Statutory Disability Insurance
Who is this program for?
Group benefit professionals that market and/or service group short-term and long-term disability products.
Through a live, highly interactive program, group activities, and structured feedback sessions, attendees will gain extensive knowledge of the various group benefits products sold in the market. Case studies and role plays will ensure that benefits professionals will effectively position and differentiate themselves.
Upon completion of this program, students should be able to:
- Align their clients' group disability needs and goals with carrier capabilities
- Differentiate themselves through deeper product and industry knowledge
- Recognize potential compliance gaps in statutory disability products
- Effectively communicate the need for group disability insurance
- Summarize the different types of government- and employer-sponsored disability insurance programs
- Explain the design, structure, language and underwriting principles of disability insurance to clients
- Clarify how group disability premiums and benefits are treated for tax purposes
- Recognize the importance of proper claims management, transfer of coverage and voluntary benefits administration
Virtual Delivery Details
Hartford School of Insurance virtual training programs are live, instructor-led courses that are delivered through an online/virtual format via the Internet. These courses provide comprehensive and interactive instruction while encouraging participation and engagement. The program incorporates activities, application sharing and an online chat feature to connect with the instructor and other students. Participation in the three-day virtual phase is a full day commitment and require students to give 100% of their daily focus and time for the duration of the program.
Students must attend both daily sessions:
Daily Morning Session: 11:00am - 1:00pm ET; 10:00 - 12:00pm CT; 8:00 - 10:00am PT
Daily Afternoon Session: 2:30 - 4:30pm ET; 1:30 - 3:30pm CT; 11:30am - 1:30pm PT
Sessions are hosted by Adobe Connect. To test your system requirements and compatibility prior to your session, use the System Check Tool
For additional questions or guidance about this program, please contact one of our Sales Consultants at (800) 772-0208.
Tuition: $1,095 and includes all training materials.
Tuition can be paid using Master Card, Visa, American Express or check.
Your pre-work course material will be mailed to you 30 days prior to the start of live instruction. Note: Your pre-work will not be sent unless your tuition is paid in full.
If your primary work location is in Connecticut, Hawaii, New Mexico, South Dakota or West Virginia you are required to pay state tax on non-continuing education courses.
Group Benefits Disability Specialist (GBDS) Designation
Students earning the GBDS designation have demonstrated extensive knowledge in disability products and will have applied that knowledge in real-life case study exercises.
Students must complete the class components of the Program with a grade of 70% or better on the exam.
Haga Clic to view the GBDS Professional Designation Flyer.
Continuing Education (CE) Credit
Haga Clic to view Continuing Education (CE) credit hours filed in your state. Students wishing to obtain CE Credits must be licensed prior to attending the program. Please note: CE credit hours are subject to change per insurance department regulation and reviews.
If you are planning to obtain CE credits for this program, you must confirm your state of licensing before attending class. This information should be provided at registration or prior to class.
Have a CE question? Call our Training Coordination service team at (800) 772-0208.
- Cancellations received more than 30 days prior to start of the program will receive a full refund.
- No refunds will be issued for cancellations received less than 30 days prior to the start of the program.
- Students will be given one opportunity to transfer to another session, preferably within the same calendar year.
- Refunds are not available for transferred programs.