This training program provides both industry and technical insurance education to help validate a new producer in record time. The program incorporates exercises and case studies to allow students to better understand how to assess insurance needs and provide effective solutions to commercial clients. Students will leave with the skills and confidence they need to have success in their new roles and career.
Coverage topics include:
- Automobile Coverage
- Workers' Compensation Coverage
- General Liability Coverage
- Property, including Inland Marine and Crime Coverages
Who is this program for?
New producers looking to gain substantial technical insurance knowledge and increase sales effectiveness.
Program Objectives & Coverages
Through exploration of automobile, workers' comp, general liability, and property coverages, students practice the skills of positioning coverage requests to underwriters, negotiating proposal terms/conditions and ultimately selling to the insured with confidence. Case studies and interactive activities are used to create a real-life scenario curriculum that can be taken and used in everyday job functions. Assessments will be given to validate the participant’s comprehension of material.
Upon completion of the program, the student will have been taught to:
- Employ a consultative approach to recognize a client’s exposures to loss
- Analyze contracts, identify key exclusions and recognize coverage gaps
- Negotiate policy terms and conditions with carriers
- Recommend insurance solutions customized to a client’s exposures
- Further differentiate themselves from competitors through acquisition of the Commercial Lines Coverage Specialist (CLCS) professional designation
Virtual Delivery Details
Hartford School of Insurance virtual training programs are live, instructor-led courses that are delivered through an online/virtual format via the Internet. These courses provide comprehensive and interactive instruction while encouraging participation and engagement. The program incorporates activities, application sharing and an online chat feature to connect with the instructor and other students. Participation in the two-week virtual phase is a full day commitment Monday thru Friday and require students to give 100% of their daily focus and time for the duration of the program.
Please note, this virtual training program is not filed for CE credits in any state.
Students must attend both daily sessions:
Daily Morning Session: 11:00am - 1:00pm ET; 10:00 - 12:00pm CT; 8:00 - 10:00am PT
Daily Afternoon Session: 2:30 - 4:30pm ET; 1:30 - 3:30pm CT; 11:30am - 1:30pm PT
Sessions are hosted by Adobe Connect. To test your system requirements and compatibility prior to your session, use the System Check Tool
For additional questions or guidance about this program, please contact one of our Sales Consultants at (800) 772-0208.
On-site Delivery Details
This fast-paced, in-depth, two-week technical insurance training program is conducted by the school’s experienced instructors.
Daily classes run 8:30 AM - 4:00 PM, Monday thru Friday. The last day of class ends at 2:00 pm.
Please take this into consideration when booking returning flights
- Enrollment sizes are limited to ensure highly effective, interactive, hands on instruction.
- The participant is responsible for arranging their own travel and lodging, and covering all costs incurred (including travel, lodging, and meals) while participating in the program.
- Travel arrangements should not be made until registration confirmation has been received.
For additional questions or guidance about this program, please contact one of our Education Consultants at (800) 772-0208 or email@example.com
Click on the link below to view locations and corresponding accommodations.
Tuition: $3,995 and includes training materials.
Your pre-work course material will be mailed to you 30 days prior to the start of live instruction. Note: Your pre-work will not be sent unless your tuition is paid in full.
Tuition can be paid using Master Card, Visa, American Express or check.
Commercial Lines Coverage Specialist (CLCS) Designation
Students earning the CLCS designation have demonstrated extensive knowledge in a critical functional area of property and casualty insurance practice insurance policy coverage and will have applied that knowledge in real-life case study exercises.
Students must complete the class components of the Program with a grade of 70% or better on each exam.
Haga Clic to download the CLCS Designation Flyer
Continuing Education (CE) Credit
Haga clic aquí to view Continuing Education (CE) credit hours filed in your state. Students wishing to obtain CE Credits must be licensed prior to attending the program. Please note: CE credit hours are subject to change per insurance department regulation and reviews.
If you are planning to obtain CE credits for this program, you must confirm your state of licensing before attending class. This information should be provided at registration or prior to class.
The virtual delivery of this program is not eligible for CE Credits
Have a CE question? Call our Training Coordination service team at (800) 772-0208.
- Cancellations received more than 30 days prior to start of the program will receive a full refund.
- No refunds will be issued for cancellations received less than 30 days prior to the start of the program.
- Students will be given one opportunity to transfer to another session, preferably within the same calendar year.
- Refunds are not available for transferred programs.