Small businesses are not one size fits all, so neither should their coverage. Avoiding coverage gaps and developing the right coverage policy is a crucial part in servicing small business clients. Our Small Business Coverage Specialist Program uses real-life case studies and an interactive approach, so students leave the course with skills and knowledge applicable to their everyday role.
Coverage Topics Include:
- Compensación a trabajadores
- BOP Property
- BOP General Liability
- Pérdida de datos
Who is this program for?
Experienced commercial lines staff seeking to improve their mastery of Small Commercial Lines coverage
Participants must have a minimum of two years of commercial lines experience to attend this program.
Through exploration of a variety of coverages, students receive comprehensive and in-depth education to help them provide the best coverage solutions for their small business clients. Aside from choosing the best coverage options, this course also explores exposures and coverage gaps for all major lines of business. In addition to review of coverage solutions and exposures, students will learn about communicating with clients in an easy-to-understand manner.
Upon completion of this program, students should be able to:
- Identify and address exposures for all the major lines of business using case study insureds.
- Perform an exposure analysis for each line of business through a case studies analysis.
- Identify and address the major Property, Business Income and General Liability coverage gaps within a carrier’s BOP policy.
- Explore the various endorsement options in a carrier’s BOP.
- Identify and address the property and liability coverage gaps that exist even within BOP endorsements
- Understand the automatic contractual obligation recognition included in a carrier’s BOP policy.
- Understand the theory and components behind experience rating.
- Develop guidance to help clients choose the best symbol combinations on their policies.
- Compare and contrast claims made to occurrence policy language. Helping customers to understand the options available when switching carriers to eliminate coverage interruptions.
Virtual Delivery Details
Hartford School of Insurance virtual training programs are live, instructor-led courses that are delivered through an online/virtual format via the Internet. These courses provide comprehensive and interactive instruction while encouraging participation and engagement. The program incorporates activities, application sharing and an online chat feature to connect with the instructor and other students. Participation in the three-day virtual phase is a full day commitment and require students to give 100% of their daily focus and time for the duration of the program.
Students must attend both daily sessions:
Daily Morning Session: 11:00am - 1:00pm ET; 10:00 - 12:00pm CT; 8:00 - 10:00am PT
Daily Afternoon Session: 2:00 - 5:00pm ET; 1:00 - 4:00pm CT; 11:00am - 2:00pm PT
Sessions are hosted by Adobe Connect. To test your system requirements and compatibility prior to your session, use the System Check Tool
For additional questions or guidance about this program, please contact one of our Sales Consultants at (800) 772-0208.
Tuition: $1,095 and includes all training materials.
Your pre-work course material will be mailed to you 30 days prior to the start of live instruction. Note: Your pre-work will not be sent unless your tuition is paid in full.
Tuition can be paid using Master Card, Visa, American Express and check.
If your primary work location is in Connecticut, Hawaii, New Mexico, South Dakota or West Virginia you are required to pay state tax on non-continuing education courses.
Small Business Coverage Specialist (SBCS) Designation
Students earning the SBCS designation have demonstrated extensive knowledge in a critical functional area of property and casualty insurance practice insurance policy coverage and will have applied that knowledge in real-life case study exercises.
Students must complete the class components of the Program with a grade of 70% or better on the exam.
Haga Clic to view the SBCS Professional Designation Flyer
Continuing Education Credits
This virtual program is not filed for continuing education (CE) credit
Have a CE question? Call our Training Coordination service team at (800) 772-0208.
- Cancellations received more than 30 days prior to start of the program will receive a full refund.
- No refunds will be issued for cancellations received less than 30 days prior to the start of the program.
- Students will be given one opportunity to transfer to another session, preferably within the same calendar year.
- Refunds are not available for transferred programs.