The landscape of employee benefits continues to evolve with increased legislation and benefit offerings. This program is designed to provide group insurance agents with information on advanced topics in Employee Benefits.
This program will help the student to be more adept at navigating this space by increasing their knowledge of the regulatory and compliance standards, understand how pharmaceutical plans are designed, gain a greater understanding of the ever-evolving field of Employee Leave Management, and learn about the trends in the market specifically in the voluntary space and in technology.
Topics Covered Include:
- Market Trends
- Beneficios para voluntarios
- Programas de Bienestar
- Compliance & Regulation of Employee Benefits
- Leave Management
Who is this program for?
This training is for experienced, licensed Life/Health Insurance Agents (a.k.a. Brokers, Producers, Consultants, Advisors, etc.), Marketers and Account Managers who market, sell and/or service Group/Employee Benefits products.
Students will have an interactive learning experience with their utilization of platform tools. The class is designed to invoke student participation and discussion, and will include a case study, thus enhancing the overall online learning experience.
Upon completion of this program, students should be able to:
- Differentiate themselves in the marketplace with a more complex and sophisticated understanding of the different federal regulations impacting Employee Benefits.
- Understand how these regulations affect their clients and plan designs.
- Educate on the role of Pharmacy plans, their different design options, PBMs and the role audits play.
- Assist an employer with their understanding of how the market trends affect Employee Benefits which will help them create more meaningful plan designs.
- Differentiate the numerous options available in the Voluntary Market space, specifically in “employee add-ons” such as EAPs, Pre-Paid Legal, Pet Insurance, and Identity Theft.
- Have a better understanding of the technological advancements in Employee Benefits and to be able to integrate this technology into their client groups.
- Help an employer to understand the value technology and benefit administration systems can provide to their company.
- Comprehend the complex issue of Employee Absence and Leave Management.
Virtual Delivery Details
Hartford School of Insurance virtual training programs are live, instructor-led courses that are delivered through an online/virtual format via the Internet. These courses provide comprehensive and interactive instruction while encouraging participation and engagement. The program incorporates activities, application sharing and an online chat feature to connect with the instructor and other students. Participation in the two-and-a-half-day program is a full day commitment and require students to give 100% of their daily focus and time for the duration of the program.
Students must attend both daily sessions:
Daily Morning Session: 11:00am - 1:00pm ET; 10:00 - 12:00pm CT; 8:00 - 10:00am PT
Daily Afternoon Session: 2:30 - 4:30pm ET; 1:30 - 3:30pm CT; 11:30am - 1:30pm PT
Sessions are hosted by Adobe Connect. To test your system requirements and compatibility prior to your session, use the System Check Tool
For additional questions or guidance about this program, please contact one of our Sales Consultants at (800) 772-0208.
Tuition: $1,095 and includes all training materials.
Tuition can be paid using Master Card, Visa, American Express or check.
Your pre-work course material will be mailed to you 30 days prior to the start of live instruction. Note: Your pre-work will not be sent unless your tuition is paid in full.
If your primary work location is in Connecticut, Hawaii, New Mexico, South Dakota or West Virginia you are required to pay state tax on non-continuing education courses.
Continuing Education (CE) Credit
Haga Clic to view Continuing Education (CE) credit hours filed in your state. Students wishing to obtain CE Credits must be licensed prior to attending the program. Please note: CE credit hours are subject to change per insurance department regulation and reviews.
If you are planning to obtain CE credits for this program, you must confirm your state of licensing before attending class. This information should be provided at registration or prior to class.
Have a CE question? Call our Training Coordination service team at (800) 772-0208.
- Cancellations received more than 30 days prior to start of the program will receive a full refund.
- No refunds will be issued for cancellations received less than 30 days prior to the start of the program.
- Students will be given one opportunity to transfer to another session, preferably within the same calendar year.
- Refunds are not available for transferred programs.