Strengthen your skillsets and help fast-track your career goals with Voluntary Benefits training. Let Hartford School of Insurance (HSI) help boost your confidence and knowledge in the Voluntary Benefits marketplace.
This Program takes a comprehensive dive into different types of voluntary products, while also exploring a variety of beneficial topics that can be used in the professionals day-to-day career. Through highly interactive exercises and case-studies, students gain an in-depth understanding of these beneficial topics.
Coverage Topics Include:
- Accident Insurance
- AD&D Insurance
- Critical Illness Insurance
- Hospital Indemnity Insurance
- Seguro por incapacidad
- Seguro de vida
- Seguro Odontológico
- Vision Insurance
Who is this program for?
Group benefit professionals of all experience levels that market and/or service voluntary insurance products.
Through a live, highly engaging program, group activities, and structured feedback sessions, attendees will gain extensive knowledge of the various voluntary products in the market. Case studies and role plays will ensure that benefits professionals will effectively position and differentiate themselves.
Upon completion of this program, students should be able to:
- Differentiate themselves through deeper product and industry knowledge
- Understand the different types of voluntary products in the marketplace
- Effectively communicate the need for voluntary products in attracting employees
- Demonstrate knowledge to successfully manage voluntary benefits
- Position themselves in enrolling and implementing voluntary programs with their customers
Additional Learning Topics include:
- Voluntary Market Overview
- Reasons to Discuss/Offer Voluntary Benefits
- Regulation of Voluntary Benefits
- Voluntary Products in the Marketplace
- Service Technology Solutions in the Voluntary Markets
- Enrollment Strategies in the Voluntary Markets
- Individual (Worksite) vs. Group Platforms
- Voluntary Selling Strategies and Keys to Successful Enrollment
- Administration of Voluntary Benefits
Virtual Delivery Details
Hartford School of Insurance virtual training programs are live, instructor-led courses that are delivered through an online/virtual format via the Internet. These courses provide comprehensive and interactive instruction while encouraging participation and engagement. The program incorporates activities, application sharing and an online chat feature to connect with the instructor and other students. Participation in the three-day virtual phase is a full day commitment and require students to give 100% of their daily focus and time for the duration of the program.
Students must attend both daily sessions:
Daily Morning Session: 11:00am - 1:00pm ET; 10:00 - 12:00pm CT; 8:00 - 10:00am PT
Daily Afternoon Session: 2:30 - 4:30pm ET; 1:30 - 3:30pm CT; 11:30am - 1:30pm PT
Sessions are hosted by Adobe Connect. To test your system requirements and compatibility prior to your session, use the System Check Tool
For additional questions or guidance about this program, please contact one of our Sales Consultants at (800) 772-0208.
Tuition: $1,095 and includes all training materials.
Your pre-work course material will be mailed to you 30 days prior to the start of live instruction. Note: Your pre-work will not be sent unless your tuition is paid in full.
Tuition can be paid using Master Card, Visa, American Express or check
If your primary work location is in Connecticut, Hawaii, New Mexico, South Dakota or West Virginia you are required to pay state tax on non-continuing education courses.
Voluntary Benefits Specialist (VBS) Designation
Students earning the VBS designation have demonstrated extensive knowledge in voluntary products and will have applied that knowledge in real-life case study exercises.
Students must complete the class components of the Program with a grade of 70% or better on the exam.
Haga Clic to view the VBS Professional Designation Flyer.
Continuing Education Credits
This program is filed for CE credits
If you are planning to obtain CE credits for this program, you must confirm your state of licensing before attending class. This information should be provided at registration or prior to class.
Have a CE question? Call our Training Coordination service team at (800) 772-0208.
- Cancellations received more than 30 days prior to start of the program will receive a full refund.
- No refunds will be issued for cancellations received less than 30 days prior to the start of the program.
- Students will be given one opportunity to transfer to another session, preferably within the same calendar year.
- Refunds are not available for transferred programs.