Property and Casualty License

Become a Small Commercial Independent Agent With The Hartford
We’re here to make a difference and help protect small businesses from the unique risks they face. If you feel the same way, we’d love to partner with you.

What Is a Property and Casualty License?

Property & casualty licenseA property and casualty license (P&C license) allows an independent agent to sell property and casualty insurance, including:
  • General liability insurance
  • Commercial property insurance
  • Business income insurance
In order to get a P&C license, agents will have to meet their state’s licensing requirements and pass an exam. This can vary, so it’s a good idea to know what your state requires.

What Policies Can an Insurance Agent Sell With a Property & Casualty License?

Property and casualty insurance licenseWith a property and casualty license, insurance agents are licensed to sell P&C insurance policies to their clients.
A P&C license allows agents to sell policies that can help protect small business owners. This includes:
Última actualización: 27 de marzo de 2023