The TPA Services team provides claims management and oversight services for The Hartford’s unbundled book of property and casualty business. As part of our specialized capabilities, we’re committed to delivering better economic outcomes with the following attributes:
- Flexibility. Creative solutions that accommodate the needs of our customers and our TPA partners.
- Consistency. TPA Services applies The Hartford’s knowledge and strength to handling unbundled claims. We’re providing oversight and guidance in combination with our reputation for being recognized as a World’s Most Ethical Company® 14 times by Ethisphere.1
- Great people. A seasoned team of claims professionals with 25 years of experience on average,2 relentlessly focused on delivering customer value. Our unbundled book comprises National Accounts, Captive Programs, Construction, Energy, Global Specialty and other loss-sensitive customers that have opted to have their claims handled by a third-party administrator.
Working With Partners to Mitigate Risk
TPA Services is comprised of three units: Claims Consulting, Quality Assurance, and strategic relationship management. Each of these units works with our TPA business partners, customers and internal business partners to identify and mitigate risk and deliver superior customer service.
- The claims consultants provide claims oversight services for complex claims handled by our TPAs. By partnering with our TPAs, we can effectively identify and mitigate risk to help ensure quality claims handling.
- Our quality specialists drive enhanced claim outcomes through the assessment of TPA performance and continuous improvement through the audit action plan process
- Data Analytics dedicated team focused on TPA claim data integrity and financial accuracy. With a diverse background in claim management experience, our TPA relationship management team works with our TPA partners and customers for solutions to the most complex program management issues.
Our TPA Partners
The Hartford currently partners with the following TPAs in connection with new business opportunities:
- Broadspire, by Crawford & Company
- Cannon Cochran Management Services (CCMSI)
- Gallagher Bassett
- Helmsman Management Services LLC
- Sedgwick Claims Management Services, Inc.
1 "World's Most Ethical Companies" and "Ethisphere" names are registered trademarks of Ethisphere LLC.
2 Reflects the average experience as of August 2017 for the TPA Services’ claim professionals.